California Jam 1974 Live Battle

Which Live Performance Was Better?

• Total voters

FireandWater

Family Man
Reaction score
The two better bands that were there. Good Luck!

Mistreated - Deep Purple

Children Of The Grave -Black Sabbath

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Purple for me, and nice to see you again F&W...:hab:

ElPatanico

Dad Rockin Man
Reaction score
Damn. Tough one. The behind the scenes stories about this gig are hilarious. Blackmore throwing a fit over not wanting to play before Sabbath/dark, hiding in road cases.

I always see California Jam 2 on vinyl. Does anyone know if the first Cali Jam was ever released on vinyl?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Not from what I just read Pat, they didn't plan on releasing an album when Cal Jam One was put together, ABC held the broadcast rights but I don't think a vinyl record was ever released...:hm:

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Damn. Tough one. The behind the scenes stories about this gig are hilarious. Blackmore throwing a fit over not wanting to play before Sabbath/dark, hiding in road cases.

I always see California Jam 2 on vinyl. Does anyone know if the first Cali Jam was ever released on vinyl?

It wasn't.

California Jamming, what a great festival. Sabbath, Purple and ELP headlining. To me it is the most underrated Deep Purple performance, so if it was on comparing two band, I'd definitely say DP. But when it comes to tracks, I never quite liked Mistreated to be honest, so I'm gonna vote for Black Sabbath.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online