Budgie (Official Thread)

mystic fred

Reaction score
Re: Budgie

Never really cared much for their early stuff, too derivative at the time (which can be said of many bands) but they sound much more interesting now, though "Power Supply" and "Nightflight" are classic rock albums...

budgie1.jpgbudgie.jpg

the follow up to Night Flight "Deliver us from Evil" contains a great track "Don't Cry" but album was not up to the previous two, and in 2006 made an album called "You're all living in Cuckooland" ...but was a Turkey.

budgie2.jpg

my favourite Budgie song "I Turned to Stone" from the 1981 "Night Flight" album...(i really don't know what's going on in this video but the sound is good)...

Last edited:

CREAM'd

Reaction score

There's a really good video of budgie on youtube performing Who Do You Want For Your Love,on the Old Whistle Test,it's also included on the new remastered version of Bandolier as a bonus track,it knocks the socks off the studio version.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

Sad to hear recently that Burke Shelley was taken ill and had to cancel the recent Budgie tour to have emergency surgery. He says he is recovering at home now and thanks everyone for their kind words and support and the surgeons in Poland and does not know what the future of the band is going to be.

You can now get Impeckable on amazon and from the Budgie webside, make sure you buy the ones on the Noteworthy label as they are the official band remasters.

We all wish you well and hope for a speedy recovery :)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^^Yeah too right .. Hope Burke is feeling well and good soon and can go back on the road.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score

He was diagnosed as having a 6cm aneurism of the aorta. The operation took almost 3 hours. I know this is a heavy operation and the healing will sometimes take months.
Take it slow and take care Burke.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Hope it's not life threatening .Too many Icons of heavy rock and blues dropping off lately. I would hate for Burke to be among them.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score

It shouldn't be life threatening. If the operation was succesful he will pull through.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score

You can now get Impeckable on amazon and from the Budgie webside, make sure you buy the ones on the Noteworthy label as they are the official band remasters.

The albums are very expensive though, £13 each.

joe

Reaction score

All the best to Burke. Like Wolf said, there has been quite a few icons passing away lately. It makes me realise I'm not getting any younger.:think:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online