Budgie (Official Thread)

T_Dude

Reaction score
Re: Budgie

The album Never Turn Your Back On A Friend is my favourite. Breadfan (great song!) was covered by Metallica.

Tiny Tim

Reaction score

Great songs and great players, but the production on their records was awful. No punch at all. I think it kept them from getting the recognition they deserved.

T_Dude

Reaction score

I tend to agree Tiny Tim, the drumming on certain songs is quite tinny.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Some bands preferred that sound for some reason, or had an engineer that wasn't up to standard. I like a fuller sound myself but despite the production values I still enjoy a Budgie Feast once is a while.:D(I have the same complaint about Many of the Stones albums, they could have used a better producer/engineer as well.)

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score

Absolutely love Budgie, have all their 70's releases on vinyl. In For the Kill is the only one I have on cd. Looking for the others.

Crash course in Brain Surgery being one of my fav's.

metalhead78228

Reaction score

ahh yes, Budgie. I live in San Antonio, and we had a local DJ named Joe Anthony, and he played Budgie every single day. he was a DJ from the early 70's till his death in the 90's. Budgie still play here once in a while. thanks to Joe Anthony, they are an S.A. fave

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

I love Budgie, seen them in UK a few time in the last few years, been picking their CD's up from various festivals and their home page. There has not been any news recently on their web page, I did contact them about 6 months ago and one of their colleagues sadi they were looking at re leasing the rest of their CD's but nothing has happened as of yet. Great band with loads of potential, their last LP was very good, however did not recapyure previous success.

You can still catch them in the UK, however they have been spending some time in Australia so you may have to wait.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I am surprised to hear they are still together Sweaty. I don't think they have any plans to tour where I live though.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

Was strange when I saw them once Burke forgot to turn the mic on and sang for a minute or two with no sound...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online