Bruce Springsteen (Official Thread)

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
I've just come in from work and there is a Bruce Springsteen docco on TV at the moment - missed what it's called but Bruce has just done an acoustic version of Two Hearts :grinthumb

*edit*

The docco is called The Ties That Bind.

Hi Sunny! Yes, the documentary is part of the new River box set coming out tomorrow called The Ties That Bind. I saw the documentary last Friday on HBO. I made a thread in Music News about the box set. I have the it on my Christmas list, so fingers crossed! :)

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Rumors are flying for about a tour announcement tomorrow! :woot:

aa898-bruce_1124x413.low.jpg

event info

Date: Sunday, January 31, 2016
Time: TBA
Doors Open: TBA
Ticket Prices: $155, $110, $73
On Sale: Fri, Dec 11 - 10:00 am
Parking: Buy Parking

LINK: Prudential Center | Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
@JerseyGirl, hope you get the box set and tickets to the show...Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2016

Thanks and I hope so too! Sale date is the same for every show. Ticketmaster better be able to handle it.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too! :)

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
The Boss says he’s likely to hit the road with the E Street Band to support as-yet-untitled record
Bruce Springsteen says he’s working on a solo album that will likely see him hit the road with the E Street Band.

And he reveals his original live plans didn’t involve his backing band, but he’s had a change of heart since the project’s gathered pace.

Springsteen tells SiriusXM (via Rolling Stone): “The project I've been working on is more of a solo project. It wasn't a project I was going to probably take the band out on.

“So I said, ‘That's going to push the band playing again until a ways in the future. It'll be nice to get some playing in so you don't wind up being two or three years between E Street tours.'

“This will give us a chance to get out there and stretch our muscles a little bit.”

The Boss has outlined a 24-date road trip across North America early next year to celebrate the launch of The Ties That Bind: The River Collection where he’ll play the 1980 double album in its entirety.

Springsteen adds: “We made the box set and there was no plan to tour. Then we felt, 'Maybe we should do a show just to raise the flag and have some fun and make it a little more exciting.'

“I said, ‘Okay, maybe we'll do a show in New York.' Then that went quick to, 'Maybe we should do a couple of shows.' Then it turns into, 'Maybe we should do a small series of shows, basically one-nighters, with maybe a little bit around the country.”

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN THE RIVER TOUR DATES
Jan 16: Pittsburgh Consol Energy Center, PA
Jan 19: Chicago United Center, IL
Jan 24: New York Madison Square Garden, NY
Jan 27: New York Madison Square Garden, NY
Jan 29: Washington Verizon Center, DC
Jan 31: Newark Prudential Center, NJ
Feb 02: Toronto Air Canada Centre, ON
Feb 04: Boston TV Garden, MA
Feb 08: Albany Times Union Center, NY
Feb 10: Hartford XL Center, CT
Feb 12: Philadelphia Wells fargo Center, PA
Feb 16: Sunrise BB&T Center, FL
Feb 18: Atlanta Philips Arena, GA
Feb 21: Louisville KFC Yum! Center, KY
Feb 23: Cleveland Quicken Loans Arena, OH
Feb 25: Buffalo First Niagara Center, NY
Feb 27: Rochester Blue Cross Arena, NY
Feb 29: St Paul Xcel Energy Center, MBN
Mar 03: Milwaukee BMO Harris Bradley Center, WI
Mar 06: St Louis Chaifetz Arena, MO
Mar 10: Phoenix Talking Stick Resort Arena, AZ
Mar 13: Oakland Oracle Arena, CA
Mar 15: Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena, CA
Mar 17: Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena, CA

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
More dates and more on the way. Some of these already went on sale and sold out.

19 Mar, 2016
LOS ANGELES, CA
LA Memorial Sports Arena The River Tour 2016

NEW 28 Mar, 2016
NEW YORK, NY
Madison Square Garden Arena The River Tour 2016

NEW 31 Mar, 2016
DENVER, CO
Pepsi Center The River Tour 2016

NEW 3 Apr, 2016
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
Chesapeake Energy Arena The River Tour 2016

NEW 5 Apr, 2016
DALLAS, TX
American Airlines Center The River Tour 2016

NEW 7 Apr, 2016
KANSAS CITY, MO
Sprint Center The River Tour 2016

NEW 10 Apr, 2016
GREENSBORO, NC
Greensboro Coliseum The River Tour 2016

NEW 12 Apr, 2016
COLUMBUS, OH
Schottenstein Center The River Tour 2016

NEW 14 Apr, 2016
AUBURN HILLS, MI
The Palace of Auburn Hills The River Tour 2016

NEW 18 Apr, 2016
UNIVERSITY PARK, PA
Bryce Jordan Arena The River Tour 2016

NEW 20 Apr, 2016
BALTIMORE, MD
Royal Farms Arena The River Tour 2016

NEW 23 Apr, 2016
BROOKLYN, NY
Barclays Center The River Tour 2016

NEW 25 Apr, 2016
BROOKLYN, NY
Barclays Center The River Tour 2016

NEW 19 May, 2016
LISBON, PORTUGAL
Rock In Rio The River Tour 2016

NEW 27 May, 2016
DUBLIN IRELAND
Croke Park The River Tour 2016

NEW 3 Jul, 2016
MILAN, ITALY
San Siro Stadium The River Tour 2016

NEW 16 Jul, 2016
ROME, ITALY
Circus Maximus The River Tour 2016

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
Got to get a copy of this when it's available - should be a great read.

Bruce Springsteen will release his autobiography later this year, he's confirmed.

Born to Run is issued on September 27 via publishers Simon & Schuster and has been in the works for seven years.

The Boss says: “Writing about yourself is a funny business. But in a project like this, the writer has made one promise, to show the reader his mind. In these pages, I’ve tried to do this.”

The release will come just days after Springsteen's 67th birthday and Simon & Schuster say it's “the book we’ve been hoping for." They add: "Readers will see their own lives in Bruce Springsteen’s extraordinary story, just as we recognise ourselves in his songs.”

Born To Run, named after his 1975 album, sees the rock icon describe growing up in Freehold, New Jersey, and recounts his relentless drive to become a musician, his early days as a bar band king in Asbury Park, and the rise of the E Street Band.

Simon & Schuster's UK CEO Ian Chapman says: “If you were to ask any publisher to name a cultural figure whose autobiography would provoke the greatest enthusiasm, Bruce Springsteen’s name would be on every list.

"Beyond being one of the most admired individuals in the world, he is a captivating storyteller with a unique way of expressing himself.”

Last year, Springsteen revealed he was working on a solo album that he originally intended to tour on his own, but later decided to involve the E Street Band too.

He's currently on a North American tour to celebrate the launch of The Ties That Bind: The River Collection. He's playing the 1980 double album in its entirety on the dates.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Got to get a copy of this when it's available - should be a great read.

Bruce Springsteen will release his autobiography later this year, he's confirmed.

Born to Run is issued on September 27 via publishers Simon & Schuster and has been in the works for seven years.

The Boss says: “Writing about yourself is a funny business. But in a project like this, the writer has made one promise, to show the reader his mind. In these pages, I’ve tried to do this.”

The release will come just days after Springsteen's 67th birthday and Simon & Schuster say it's “the book we’ve been hoping for." They add: "Readers will see their own lives in Bruce Springsteen’s extraordinary story, just as we recognise ourselves in his songs.”

Born To Run, named after his 1975 album, sees the rock icon describe growing up in Freehold, New Jersey, and recounts his relentless drive to become a musician, his early days as a bar band king in Asbury Park, and the rise of the E Street Band.

Simon & Schuster's UK CEO Ian Chapman says: “If you were to ask any publisher to name a cultural figure whose autobiography would provoke the greatest enthusiasm, Bruce Springsteen’s name would be on every list.

"Beyond being one of the most admired individuals in the world, he is a captivating storyteller with a unique way of expressing himself.”

Last year, Springsteen revealed he was working on a solo album that he originally intended to tour on his own, but later decided to involve the E Street Band too.

He's currently on a North American tour to celebrate the launch of The Ties That Bind: The River Collection. He's playing the 1980 double album in its entirety on the dates.

I know, I can't wait! Many books about The Boss, but this is the first autobiography. Should be great coming directly from him!

Side note...the show in Jersey was awesome! Currently looking for tickets to another show somewhere. :grinthumb

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
Yessssssssss!! Here I come Bruce :bow: (if I can get tickets) :pullhair:

Bruce Springsteen has announced a UK 2016 tour this summer.

The Boss will bring his E Street Band to London, Manchester, Glasgow and Coventry in May and June, with tickets going on sale at 9am on Thursday 25 February.

The new dates have been confirmed following huge demand for Springsteen’s The River Tour in Europe and the release of The Ties That Bind: The River, which celebrates the 35th anniversary of his 1980 double album The River and includes 22 outtakes from those sessions.

Springsteen told Rolling Stone recently that the current line-up of the band stands “toe-to-toe” with any previous version. “It’s a richer experience now because there is so much material to draw from,” he said. “That shared history you have with people makes the night very full, very beautiful.”

Tour dates in full

Wednesday 25 May, Etihad Stadium, Manchester

Wednesday 1 June, Hampden Park, Glasgow

Friday 3 June, Ricoh Arena, Coventry

Sunday 5 June, Wembley Stadium, London

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online