Boy & Bear (Official Thread)

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
boy_and_bear_normal.jpg

Boy & Bear Official Website

Boy & Bear are an Australian folk rock band, formed in 2009. Early in their career they recieved airplay on triple j, and it wasn't long until they released their first EP "With Emperor Antarctica" in May 2010. The lead single from it was the energetic, catchy "Rabbit Song":

Rabit Song

After touring with Angus & Julia Stone in Australia and Laura Marling in England, Boy & Bear returned and raised a storm down under with their enchantingly beautiful rendition of "Fall At Your Feet" as part of "He Will Have His Way", a tribute to Crowded House.

Fall at Your Feet

Only 9 months later on the 5th of August, a baby was born in the shape of a debut album "Moonfire". The leading single "Milk And Sticks" is once again getting good airplay, and they are now undoubtedly a band on the rise with a big future. The song itself changes frequently, has some great melodies and is a great sign of things to come, IMO Moonfire it's destined to be one of the great debut albums of it's time.

Milk & Sticks

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Re: Boy & Bear

I've got Moonfire Sal and I put up a couple of their songs in my journal a couple of weeks ago.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Re: Boy & Bear

I saw Boy And Bear live tonight, they were fantastic! The highlights were Milk & Sticks, Part-Time Believer and the most magical rendition of Fall At Your Feet. It was a very beautiful show :grinthumb

Part Time Believer

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Yes I've made a note of this band to check out. The song I heard from Boy & Bear is called "My Only One". But a few of their songs I think have popup on ABC Dig Music. :)

EDIT: And yeah I've got their cover of Fall at your Feet from that "He Will Have His Way" CD. :)

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Yep, I've since acquired their Moonfire album which I quite enjoyed. I guess Folk Rock kind of describes their music, some of their songs perhaps more of an edge to them kind of like Pete Murray.

annalim

Reaction score
I never heard of this group, it was interesting to read)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.