Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: The official Bon Jovi thread

41FC7QZ646L.jpg

Released March 28, 2001

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tokyo Road: Best of Bon Jovi, subtitled "Rock Tracks", is the 2nd Greatest hits compilation album of American band Bon Jovi exclusively released in Japan in 2001.[2] The album has sold more than 400,000 copies in Japan, and being certified platinum status by RIAJ.

1. "One Wild Night 2001"
2. "Bad Medicine"
3. "Livin' on a Prayer"
4. "You Give Love a Bad Name"
5. "Keep the Faith"
6. "It's My Life"
7. "Blood On Blood"
8. "Something for the Pain"
9. "Born to Be My Baby"
10. "Tokyo Road"
11. "Hey God"
12. "Just Older"
13. "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead"
14. "Runaway"
15. "Wild in the Streets"
16. "Next 100 Years"

Last edited:

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Bon_Jovi_Bounce.jpg

Released October 8, 2002

Bounce is the eighth studio album by American hard rock band Bon Jovi, released on October 8, 2002 on Island Records. Produced by Luke Ebbin, Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora, the album was recorded at Sanctuary II Studio in New Jersey. Bounce was heavily influenced by the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, owing in part to Jon Bon Jovi's proximity to New York.

The album sold over 160,000 copies in the first week in United States, and debuted at #2 on the Billboard 200, making it Bon Jovi's highest debut in the band's history at that time. However, it's the band's only studio album not to be certified platinum in the United States.

Regarding the album's lyrical content, vocalist Jon Bon Jovi noted:[1]
“ I think that an album has to be an encapsulized version of a time in my life, a period. And, in this case, it's a year since the last tour ended. [...] So, from the end of July in 2001, to the year 2002, what happened? Well, other things, but 9/11 happened. You have cute romantic songs, you have fun rock songs, and you're gonna have the storytelling, more classic songs that are the makings of what is Bounce. Because you want a beginning, a middle and a end. I want it to be like a book or a movie, where we're taking somebody on a journey of what's gone on in my life in the last year. And though 9/11 played a part in it - a big part in it - a sobering part in it, that was just one aspect. And I didn't want it to be overly sentimental, overly patriotic, but certainly acknowledging what myself, the band and the country have been through. ”

The single "Everyday" was written as a response to how the band felt about how to move on after September 11th. Ironically, while it was successful across a number of countries, it wasn't a marked success in the United States. The track "Undivided" speaks more specifically of the aftermath of September 11th, and has become a fan favorite off the album.

The song "Open All Night" was written in response to how Jon Bon Jovi felt about the ending of the TV series Ally McBeal. He portrayed the boyfriend of star Calista Flockhart in the final series, and was upset that his character was written out in the way it was. The producers of the show allegedly asked Jon to stay on for a few extra episodes, so that his character, Victor, could marry Ally. Jon refused on the grounds that his wife was heavily pregnant with their son, Jake, and so Victor had to be written out quicker than was hoped. Jon wrote "Open All Night" as his way of expressing how he wished the character had ended. This was also not the first time that Bon Jovi had written a song with the title "Open All Night"; two of the other songs appear on their 100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong box set.

The title track, "Bounce", was dedicated to NFL Head Coach Bill Belichick of the New England Patriots and close friend of Bon Jovi. The song alludes to the various hardships Belichick experienced before finally winning a Super Bowl. Alternatively, many also felt the song spoke of the nation's rebound following September 11th.

Jon Bon Jovi states that:[2] [3]
“ Production on this record was somewhat simple in the approach that if it's not broke, don't fix it. We had a great relationship last time with Luke Ebbin, who is a young up-and-coming producer. He did a fine job on Crush and then we'd incorporate the talents of anybody and everybody that would come in the studio. Our managers always say, "There's no 'I' in team." It's a great collaborative effort in every aspect of this record. My ego's not big enough that I have to worry about that. I'm not vain enough to think that my - or even Richie and I's - ideas are the 'be all and end all'. It's not a "you can't look until it's finished process," it's "What do you think?" and then you step back from the canvas, and then when you move up to it again, you have a better perspective of what you're painting.

1. "Undivided"
2. "Everyday"
3. "The Distance"
4. "Joey"
5. "Misunderstood"
6. "All About Lovin' You"
7. "Hook Me Up"
8. "Right Side of Wrong"
9. "Love Me Back to Life"
10. "You Had Me from Hello"
11. "Bounce"
12. "Open All Night"
13. "No Regrets (Japan bonus track)"
14. "Postcards from the Wasteland (Japan bonus track)"

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

ThisLeftFeelsRight.jpg

Released November 4, 2003

This Left Feels Right is a Bon Jovi studio album with new versions of Bon Jovi songs from previous albums. It was released in 2003. It was like a "trip down memory lane" as Jon Bon Jovi likes to put it[citation needed]. It has acoustic versions of many of Bon Jovi's biggest hits. Many of the 80's hard hitting chart-rockers are presented in a different light as soulful ballads. This Left Feels Right has sold 549,727 copies in the US (July 2007).

The 2003 rendition of "Wanted Dead or Alive" was released as a single and also had a promotional video produced, which had the same format as "One Wild Night 2001", the single for the One Wild Night live album.

For the Russian and CIS release Olivia d'Abo's part in Livin' on a Prayer was recorded by Russian superstar Alsou in Bon Jovi studio. This version was played on Russian radio stations to promote the release and got great reviews by Bon Jovi fans, but Olivia's version appeared on Russian CD due to Universal Music Russia decision.

Two new songs, "Last Man Standing" and "Thief of Hearts", were written and recorded for inclusion of the album. "Last Man Standing" was a song revealing lead singer Jon Bon Jovi's anger toward the state of the music industry. Bon Jovi believed that it would become more difficult for artists to find success in the music industry. This was Bon Jovi's reason for later removing the two new songs from the album, however Last Man Standing was later reworked and turned into a much more heavy aggressive rock song for inclusion on Bon Jovi's 2005 studio album, Have a Nice Day, a somewhat opposite effect of the This Left Feels Right project. The original version of "Last Man Standing" and "Thief of Hearts" were both later released as part of the box set 100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong and are also included as live versions on the This Left Feels Right Live DVD.

1. "Wanted Dead or Alive"
2. "Livin' on a Prayer"
3. "Bad Medicine"
4. "It's My Life"
5. "Lay Your Hands on Me"
6. "You Give Love a Bad Name"
7. "Bed of Roses"
8. "Everyday"
9. "Born to Be My Baby"
10. "Keep the Faith"
11. "I'll Be There for You"
12. "Always"

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

Hey That 70's Guy, most people knock that album! I actually think it's pretty cool and I respect them trying to experiment with their classics! What did you think of the album? :D

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Hey That 70's Guy, most people knock that album! I actually think it's pretty cool and I respect them trying to experiment with their classics! What did you think of the album? :D

The truth? I hate the album,the only decent remake on it is the slower "It's My Life"

I remember when it came out,the guy at the CD store told me not to buy it,and he was a Bon Jovi fan.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

The truth? I hate the album,the only decent remake on it is the slower "It's My Life"

I remember when it came out,the guy at the CD store told me not to buy it,and he was a Bon Jovi fan.

I guess I like a different version of Bon Jovi than others! :heheh:

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Bon_Jovi_100_Million_Bon_Jovi_Fans.jpg

Released November 16, 2004

100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can't Be Wrong is a box set by Bon Jovi, released in 2004 on Island Records. A collection of demos and B-sides, it was released to celebrate Bon Jovi's Twentieth anniversary and the milestone of the band selling 100,000,000 albums worldwide. The album had a very raw sound to it.

The box set consists of 4 CDs, and also includes a DVD of the band talking about the tracks and additional archive candid footage of the band.(Japan release has a bonus 5th cd)

The title and the cover art is a play on the 1959 Elvis Presley compilation 50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong.

Disc1
1. "Why Aren't You Dead?" (Unreleased)
2. "The Radio Saved My Life Tonight" (Unreleased)
3. "Taking It Back" (Unreleased)
4. "Someday I'll Be Saturday Night" (Original Demo)
5. "Miss Fourth of July" (Unreleased)
6. "Open All Night" (Unreleased)
7. "These Arms Are Open All Night" (Unreleased)
8. "I Get a Rush" (Unreleased)
9. "Someday Just Might Be Tonight" (Unreleased)
10. "Thief of Hearts" (Unreleased Studio Track)
11. "Last Man Standing" (Unreleased Studio Track, different version appears on Have a Nice Day)
12. "I Just Want to Be Your Man" (Unreleased)

Disc2
1. "Garageland" (Unreleased)
2. "Starting All Over Again" (Japan Bonus Track on Keep The Faith)
3. "Maybe Someday" (Unreleased)
4. "Last Chance Train" (Unreleased)
5. "The Fire Inside" (Unreleased)
6. "Every Beat of My Heart" (Unreleased)
7. "Rich Man Living in a Poor Man's House" (Unreleased)
8. "The One That Got Away" (Unreleased)
9. "You Can Sleep While I Dream" (Unreleased)
10. "Outlaws of Love" (Unreleased)
11. "Good Guys Don't Always Wear White" (From the Motion Picture Soundtrack to The Cowboy Way)
12. "We Rule the Night" (Unreleased)

Disc3
1.Edge of a Broken Heart" (From the Motion Picture Soundtrack to Disorderlies)
2. "Sympathy" (Unreleased)
3. "Only in My Dreams" (featuring Tico Torres on vocals - Unreleased)
4. "Shut Up and Kiss Me" (Unreleased)
5. "Crazy Love" (Unreleased)
6. "Lonely at the Top" (International B-side)
7. "Ordinary People" (International B-side of "Say It Isn't So")
8. "Flesh and Bone" (Unreleased)
9. "Satellite" (Unreleased)
10. "If I Can't Have Your Love" (featuring Richie Sambora on vocals - Unreleased solo track)
11. "Real Life" (From the Motion Picture Soundtrack to EDtv)
12. "Memphis Lives in Me" (featuring David Bryan on vocals - Unreleased from the Original Musical Memphis)
13. "Too Much of a Good Thing" (Unreleased)

Disc4
1. "Love Ain't Nothing But a Four Letter Word" (Unreleased)
2. "Love Ain't Nothing But a Four Letter Word" (Original Demo)
3. "River Runs Dry" (Unreleased)
4. "Always" (Unreleased Demo)
5. "Kidnap an Angel" (Unreleased)
6. "Breathe" (B-side)
7. "Out of Bounds" (Unreleased)
8. "Letter to a Friend" (Unreleased)
9. "Temptation" (International B-side to "It's My Life")
10. "Gotta Have a Reason" (Unreleased)
11. "All I Wanna Do Is You" (Unreleased)
12. "Billy" (Unreleased)
13. "Nobody's Hero" (Unreleased)
14. "Livin' on a Prayer" (Original Demo - Hidden track)

Disc5(Japan only)
1. "With a Little Help From My Friends (Live)"
2. "Love Is War"
3. "Borderline" (Japan Only Single)
4. "Hush"
5. "I Wish Everyday Could Be Like Christmas" (From A Very Special Christmas Album)
6. "Save a Prayer" (Keep the Faith Japan Bonus Track)
7. "Fields of Fire" (These Days European 2 Disc Special Edition Bonus Track)
8. "Another Reason to Believe"
9. "Let's Make It Baby" (These Days European 2 Disc Special Edition Bonus Track)
10. "The End" (These Days French Bonus CD Track)

There is a "Best of the boxset" compilation (10 track sampler) that is very rare but available, it features the 10 best tracks from all the cds of the boxset on one single cd.

TRACK LISTING

1. "The Radio Saved My Life Tonight"
2. "Why Aren't You Dead?"
3. "I Get a Rush"
4. "Open All Night" #2
5. "Love Ain't Nothing But a Four Letter Word"
6. "Breathe"
7. "Lonely at the Top"
8. "Thief of Hearts"
9. "Edge of a Broken Heart"
10. "Taking It Back"

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Have_a_Nice_Day_Bon_Jovi_album.jpg

Released September 20, 2005

Have a Nice Day is Bon Jovi's ninth studio album, released in September 2005. Produced by John Shanks, the album was recorded at Sanctuary Sound II in New Jersey, and Ocean Way Recording in Hollywood, California. The album sold over 202,000 copies in total for the first week, and debuted at #2 on the Billboard 200, making it Bon Jovi's best first-week sales in the band's history at that time. The album was certified platinum by the RIAA and as of March 2009, it has sold 1,552,000 copies in the United States.

2004 Pre-release

The new album that was to be Have A Nice Day was originally recorded in the summer of 2004, supposed ready for release for early 2005. However, due to various reasons and debates by the band and its record company, the album was pushed back. The band were to write and record more songs and also removed some from the original track list, and in the process, altered existing album tracks.

The pre-release version of the album contains a slightly different tracklist and includes alternate versions of songs that appeared on the final album. Some contain alternate lyrics and/or slightly different or additional arrangements. The album also had a rougher sound mix.

1. "Have A Nice Day"
2. "Welcome To Wherever You Are"
3. "I Want to be Loved"
4. "Complicated"
5. "Bells of Freedom"
6. "Who Says You Can't Go Home"
7. "Nothing"
8. "These Open Arms"
9. "Last Man Standing"
10. "Unbreakable"
11. "I Am"
12. "Who Says You Can't Go Home" (Duet with Jennifer Nettles)

Various tracks from the pre-released album have been leaked onto the Internet and copies of the entire pre-release album exist in circulation amongst traders. One notable track removed from the final Have A Nice Day album is "Nothing". It was supposedly cut from the album due to its similarity to "I Am", which remained on the album. American Idol 2005 runner-up Bo Bice later re-recorded the song, entitled "Nothing Without You", for his debut album, The Real Thing.

Another cut from the album was a duet version of "Who Says You Can't Go Home" with Keith Urban, supposedly because it was considered Jon Bon Jovi and Urban's voices were too similar, and therefore difficult to differentiate between.

"These Open Arms" and "Unbreakable" were also removed from the original track list, but were later included as bonus tracks on the album in certain territories. "These Open Arms" was released as a track for the Japanese version, but it was released in the US to be sung by Clay Aiken on A Thousand Different Ways.

1. "Have a Nice Day"
2. "I Want to be Loved"
3. "Welcome to Wherever You Are"
4. "Who Says You Can't Go Home"
5. "Last Man Standing"
6. "Bells of Freedom"
7. "Wildflower"
8. "Last Cigarette"
9. "I Am"
10. "Complicated"
11. "Novocaine"
12. "Story of My Life"
13. "Who Says You Can't Go Home (duet version with Jennifer Nettles)

Japan, UK, Australia and Asia Bonus Tracks
13. "Dirty Little Secret"
14. "Unbreakable"

Japan Bonus Tracks

15. "These Open Arms"

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

"Lay Your Hands On Me" was on VH1 Classic yesterday and it sort of made me go "Oh yeah, I forgot that I love that song." have been listening to it frequently since. :D

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Lost_Highway.jpg

Released June 8, 2007

Lost Highway is the title of the tenth studio album by Bon Jovi. Produced by John Shanks and Dann Huff the album was recorded at Black Bird Studios, Nashville and NGR Recording, Hollywood. Described by Jon Bon Jovi as a "Bon Jovi album influenced by Nashville", the album debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200, becoming Bon Jovi's first ever album to debut at No. 1 and their third album to reach that position in United States.[1] The album was nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album at the 2008 Grammy Awards.

The album influences the band's rock sound with that of country music following the success of a country version of the band's 2006 single "Who Says You Can't Go Home", a duet with Jennifer Nettles, which reached No. 1 on the U.S. country chart in May 2006.[2] Following the success had with the duet version of "Who Says You Can't Go Home", there are two songs on the album produced in collaboration with other artists, namely "We Got It Going On" featuring Big & Rich and "Till We Ain't Strangers Anymore" featuring LeAnn Rimes.

After its first week on sale, Lost Highway entered the Dutch, German, Swiss and Japanese album charts at No. 1, and the UK Album Chart at No. 2, below The Traveling Wilburys Collection. It entered the Irish and Australian charts at No. 5, although after the conclusion of Bon Jovi's Australian tour the album climbed to No. 2. In Japan, the album debuted at No. 1 and sold over 73,212 copies in its first week of release on Oricon charts. This is the fourth such time, breaking the Beatles and the Bay City Rollers' record as a Western band (under Oricon's definition) of having three number one albums in the country.[3] In the UK the album sold 79,000 copies in its first week, an improvement on Have a Nice Day's first-week sales of 54,000. In Denmark, the album debuted at No. 5, but went to number one after five weeks on the charts. In the U.S., the album debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 with 292,000 copies sold in its first week.[1] The album was certified platinum by RIAA and as of October 2008, it has sold 1,221,000 copies in the United States and over 4 million copies worldwide.

n the summer of 2007, Bon Jovi performed ten concerts around the world as part of the Lost Highway promotion, with plans for a full greatest hits world tour in 2008. However, after Lost Highway did better than expected, the world tour was moved forward to the fall of 2007, and was renamed the Lost Highway Tour. The tour so far consists of ten dates in New Jersey, followed by Canadian and Japanese tours, as well as the band's first stadium concert in New Zealand since the These days tour. The tour also saw them play Australia for the first time since their brief appearance at the Rumba Festivals in 2002, playing sold out shows in Melbourne, Sydney and Perth. The band then toured the U.S. and Europe in spring and summer 2008, before returning to North America for a few more summer shows, including a free concert in Central Park in New York City.

* "We Got It Going On" was used as a promotional song for the new season[when?] of the Arena Football League (Bon Jovi is a co-owner of the league's Philadelphia Soul). It featured alternate, football-related lyrics written especially by the band.
* A slightly different version of the title track "Lost Highway" was used in the movie Wild Hogs alongside another Bon Jovi song "Wanted Dead or Alive".
* "I Love This Town" was used as a promotional song for Major League Baseball on TBS during the 2007 MLB Playoffs and again for the 2008 postseason.
* Outsider artist and infamous sociopath, Jacqueline Molli, claims that Lost Highway served as an inspiratation for her acclaimed series of cat portraits. She noted that the themes of loss, identity, and redemption found on the album are reflected in her work.

1. "Lost Highway"
2. "Summertime"
3. "(You Want To) Make a Memory"
4. "Whole Lot of Leavin'"
5. "We Got It Going On" (featuring Big & Rich)
6. "Any Other Day"
7. "Seat Next to You"
8. "Everybody's Broken"
9. "Till We Ain't Strangers Anymore" (featuring LeAnn Rimes)
10. "The Last Night"
11. "One Step Closer"
12. "I Love This Town"

Australian, New Zealand, and U.K. Bonus Track
13. "Lonely"

Japan Bonus Tracks
13. "Lonely"
14. "Put the Boy Back in Cowboy"

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads