Blues Image

R

Ronman

I'm new to the forum and I ran across an old tread from last year about forgotten groups and I had just remembered one and relistened to their only album. 'Blues Image'. They may have had another album, but I'm not sure. I talking about the self titled album...

I heard them open in San Antonio for Procal Harum and they brought the house down. Procal was a big let down after these guys! If they would have stayed together there's no telling what they would have done. A lot of the members went on to other bands. Lead singer I think went on to Iron Butterfly, etc...

It's a great rockin album. Give it a fresh listen...

Last edited by a moderator:

Orion

I'm A Member
Reaction score
Re: A forgotten Great Group

I think some of the tunes by the band was a bit lackluster but "Ride Captain Ride" was a good one.

Here's what I was able to find on the group:

Pinera and Bertematti played with Iron Butterfly and Cactus. Pinera also played with Ramatam and Alice Cooper. Konte joined Three Dog Night, and Lala played with Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young. Kent Henry played guitar with Steppenwolf just before their breakup in the early 70's.

By the way. They released 3 albums.
#1 Self titled
#2 Open
#3 Red White and Blues Image

Midnight Rider

Captain Karma
Reaction score

I know this has nothing to do with anything but I am goint to tell a story anyway. Way back when Ride Captain Ride came out I rushed down to my local music store and grabbed up the 45 paid my 77 cents and ran home excited to have this great new song. I slapped it on my trusty GE el cheapo stereo and found out the 45 was off center. I am somewhat off center myself but in this case it didn't even out. It played too fast half the time and too slow the other half of the time. I rushed back to the store to exchange it and they were sold out. So I bought Badfinger or something and that was the end of my Blues Image collection. I guess anyone who had to buy 45's can relate to the fact that they were sometimes somewhat less that perfect. Still it was a great song when played at the right speed.

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score

there's a forgotten group I really like that I want to mention.
man, those guys were good, I used to have all they records. they were called...

um..
oh..
I forgot.

no, I never get tired of this stupid joke and intend to use it in each and every 'forgotten band' thread, that's MY promise to YOU!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notmrdurden

Staff online

Members online