Blondie (Official Thread)

ANF

Reaction score
Re: The Official Blondie Thread

Has anyone heard their newest album "Panic Of Girls". Its a pretty good album and easily my favorite of their "comeback" era releases. Granted, you cannot expect another "Parallel Lines" or "Eat To The Beat" at this point, but still its got some really good tracks. "What I Heard" and "Mother" (both singles) are pure pop gold.

Squidbilly

Tunes from the shed
Reaction score
Bump
I remember DH in the 1990 movie "Tales from the darkside" as a witch that was gonna cook this little boy for a dinner party:heheh:
talesfromthedarkside2.jpg

Blondie-Rapture

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Blondie to Call it Quits?

Blondie2.jpg

Source Link

Blondie lead singer Debbie Harry is considering retiring after one last world tour with the group, according to drummer Clem Burke. As he explains, the move would put an end to the groundbreaking band: “Obviously there’s no Blondie without Debbie Harry.”

Burke tells the Daily Mail that Harry, age 68, has been considering the move for a while. “Debbie is 11 years older than the rest of us, so it’s on her mind… We’ve tried to keep it going for as long as possible, but it’s not just up to me.’

However, a spokesperson for Harry says only that the band “are in a hiatus at the moment. They will do some tour dates next year. Nothing is confirmed yet.” Blondie became one of the biggest bands of the late ’70s by fearlessly combining genres as diverse as rock, disco new wave and even hip-hop on smash hits such as ‘Rapture,’ ‘Call Me’ and ‘Heart of Glass.’

They recently announced plans for a fall U.S. tour that kicks off Sept. 5 in Hampton Beach, N.H. A new album, the group’s 10th, is also expected sometime in 2013.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It looks like Blondie will be touring with Cyndi Lauper this spring (2017) in Austrailia. I would love to see these two ladies perform! It is also rumored that Blondie will,put out an album this year, too.

Anyway, Blondie from 2016....enjoy!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online