Blondie (Official Thread)

Reaction score
Re: The Official Blondie Thread

Checked out the debut:

blondie.jpg

I didn't know a single song off of this! It had some elements I wasn't familiar with but I liked. For example it had some doowoppey song that I thought Deborah Harry's voice was great for. I really liked this song in particular:

In The Flesh
(sexy and classy)

They also had a surf rock song as well with "In The Sun". I'm starting to see why people say that the group was so versatile as before listening I knew they had already dabbled in disco, punk, ska and even hip-hop on top of their regular material. "Man Overboard" is the catchiest track on the album. That one track has a lot of layers with it's Caribbean like vibe. I love the guitar in the last half of the song.

Man Overboard

The closing track is just fun. I love the yips and yahs! :heheh: Everything about this song from the subject matter to the vocals to the frenzied drums to the closing moments is ridiculous in a good way! :grinthumb

The Attack of the Giant Ants

Oh man.. those were cool.. I HAVE to get this record on the next trip to the store:grinthumb

Bryter Later

Reaction score

:grinthumb Not long bought the new Blondie At The BBC CD/DVD,and it is superb!!!. The Cd contains the full gig from the Glasgow Apollo on New Years Eve 1979, including a version of Sunday Girl on which they are accompanied by a small band of Bagpipers. Some great versions of Blondie classics,including an excellent Atomic. The DVD is a compilation of Top Of The Pops performances,and some of the Glasgow gig as was broadcast by the BBC on the OGWT. Well worth getting :grinthumb.

:cheers2 Bryter.

Reaction score

Just heard a great cover of one of Blondies' biggest hits:grinthumb
Franz Ferdinand - Call Me

Sled108

Reaction score
What?...No Blondie Thread?...

Her First was in '76...This was in '78...

'Parallel Lines'...

Why isn't this Thread listed in the Sticky of 70's Bands Thread?

Last edited:

Reaction score

Guess it just slipped through our radar.. all fixed now:cheers:^

ANF

Reaction score

Are we going to get posts for Autoamerican, The Hunter and onward? Granted, its downhill after 1979 but at least those last two pre-breakup albums are crucial to telling the story, especially as Autoamerican had two #1 hits and The Hunter was such a disaster.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online