"Bliss N Eso" Thread

limpy

Penguin Power
Reaction score
Bliss N Eso are a trio hip hop band from Sydney. Their names Bliss (Notley), Eso (Mackinnon) and DJ Izm (Ejjamai). They first burst out on to the Australian music scene in 2000.

Their style and beat is what caught my attention and I have been discovering some great songs. Normally I don’t listen to this style of music. However, their combination of sounds they put together with their lyrics just hooked me.

Their other album’s (Some I’m still yet to discover) as followed:
Flowers in the Pavement (2004)
Day of the Dog (2006)
Flying Colours (2008)
Flying Colours Live (2009)
Running On Air (2010)

Please feel free to have a listen and have a chat about it :D

The song that first grabbed my attention:

Addicted - Running On Air

This one would be my favorite - off a different Album.
The Sea is Rising - Flying Colours

Other songs:

Down by the River - Running on Air

Field of Dreams - Flying Colours

Golden Years - Running on Air

Bullet & A Target feat. The Connections Zulu Choir - Running on Air

Harkat

Reaction score
I like these guys Limpy .. and they get played on the radio here a bit! :grinthumb
I'll give them a better listen once I got some time and not at 1:30 in the morning xD

limpy

Penguin Power
Reaction score
Hahahaha 1:30 in the morning :D LOL I haven't listened to the radio in ages now!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I like these guys! Very musical with melodies and actual singing incorporated like most of my favorite Hip-Hop. Really cool how they incorporate a lot of social commentary and lyrically I can take them seriously. Like I mentioned before the style reminds me a lot of Mat Kearney but they incoprate a lot of other elements too. My favorite track listed was "Field of Dreams"! :grinthumb

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Bliss N Eso are one of my favourite hip hop bands going around Aus at the moment. I only have Running On Air, but it's got some great melody to the rhymes andsome really deep lyrics. Reflections is simply amazing:

:grinthumb

limpy

Penguin Power
Reaction score
Bliss N Eso are one of my favourite hip hop bands going around Aus at the moment. I only have Running On Air, but it's got some great melody to the rhymes andsome really deep lyrics. Reflections is simply amazing:

:grinthumb

Another great song! I haven't got their album Running On Air yet, but from the looks of it and hearing what I've found on youtube, its got a great array of songs. I'm lovin their style!

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Another great song! I haven't got their album Running On Air yet, but from the looks of it and hearing what I've found on youtube, its got a great array of songs. I'm lovin their style!

You won't be disappointed Limpy! It's a very well made album, heaps of good music on there! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.