Black Star Riders (Official Thread)

lpjunkie93

Reaction score
p17ig7dqe01kqkqtgo4il1bi74.jpg

Official Website

Hi again guys :)
I've just been listening to Black Star Rider's debut album, and its a real cracker. I'm so happy to see there's still some life in these old warhorses, and in my opinion, Ricky, compared to Phil (Lynott), comes across as the war-torn survivor to Phil's tough yet romantic vagabond.
Anyone else think this band is super awesome? (Or not, as the case may be)

Band Members:

Ricky Warwick – vocals, guitar
Scott Gorham – lead guitar
Damon Johnson – lead guitar
Marco Mendoza – bass guitar
Jimmy DeGrasso – drums

Discography

2013 All Hell Breaks Loose

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have not heard the new material by Black Star Riders. Does it sound like Thin Lizzy?

Oh, I added some information to the original post for those who want to look the band up.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I have heard some of the album and to me it sounded a little like Thin Lizzy but was good what I heard, as for buying the album I am not too sure as I have loads of others to buy as per usual:cheers:

lpjunkie93

Reaction score
I haven't physically purchased the album yet, I'm just listening to the songs on the internet and letting them sink in before I make an actual purchase. Some of the songs are growing on me quicker than others, but overall its a real solid piece of work.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I listened to a couple of tracks off this album a few weeks ago, and I was really amazed at the similarity between the new vocalist and Phil Lynott.

I'll listen to them online again before deciding whether to get the new CD or not.

Squidbilly

Tunes from the shed
Reaction score
Hoodoo Voodoo is not a bad tune,I'll pick up the Cd on one of my few spending sprees:grinthumb
Black Star Riders-Hoodoo Voodoo

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Mighty fine band ! Me and Sweaty caught them at the Hard Rock Hell festival and they were impressive. Of course they are going to sound like that certain band, they even performed a few classic Lizzy tracks in their set.
Give Warwick his dues he is doing an almighty [ :grinthumb ] fine job and its great to see guitar legend Scott Gorham up there on stage rocking! May this band prosper..

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online