Black Country Communion - Black Country (2010)

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
Black Country Communion - Black Country 2010
220px-Black_Country_(album).jpg

Genre - Hard Rock - Blues Rock
Release Date 2010
Label Mascot (UK)
J & R Adventures (US)
Rating 10-10

Track Listing

1. "Black Country" 3:15
2. "One Last Soul" 3:52
3. "The Great Divide" 4:45
4. "Down Again" 5:46
5. "Beggarman" 4:52
6. "Song of Yesterday" 8:33
7. "No Time" 4:19
8. "Medusa" (originally performed by Trapeze) 6:57
9. "The Revolution in Me" 4:59
10. "Stand (At the Burning Tree)" 7:02
11. "Sista Jane" 6:55
12. "Too Late for the Sun'' 11:21

Well this is a band that I really like. I couldn't wait til this album came out. I guess you can call this a Supergroup. I think it's more four musicians getting together to jam out some tunes. I have been a fan of Glenn Hughes since I heard Deep Purple Burn and Black Sabbath Seventh Star and his Solo recordings. I have also followed Joe Bonamassa's career since Bloodline. One of the greatest guitar players going IMO. Well Jason Bonham needs no introduction. Everybody knows his dad John Bonham. Derek Sherinian well he's was the keyboard player for Dream Theater back in the day among other projects.

Well let's discuss the album itself. It starts out on a strong note with the title track Black Country. From this track I figured out this is a band and not just individual musicians playing with each other. Well the album has a great flow of hard rocking tunes and mid tempo tunes. I find myself listening to this album more and more. To me the stand out tracks are The Revolution In Me, Medusa which is a cover of the old Trapeze song. The Great Divide, Stand (At The Burning Tree). If your looking for some solid music from a band. This is the album for you. Sorry I didn't give a long review. I'm still growing into this. I just like spreading the word on artists I like

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online