• Wiped Out

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Fractured Mirror

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I ended up going with Rip It Out over the other two I listed above because that Rip It Out solo is still among my favorites of Ace's from the 70's. Still, this is a rock solid album from start to finish.

rtbuck

Reaction score
Rip it Out got my vote as well. Man, I'm just sitting back thinking about that first day I bought that record. I could remember walking into Cavages Records & seeing a wall of just the 4 solo records. I wanted all of them right away but I was only 16 w/ no job. I had enough money to by one & naturally I picked Ace. I went home & wow! I could not believe my ears. I loved every song on that record especially the solo on Speeding back to My Baby. I also loved the instrumental "Fractured Mirror"

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Yea, Rip It Out.

Ace's solo effort is pretty good, actually. I wouldn't be able to choose between his and Gene's.

Gene's was pretty slick and really had a variety of tastes included. It was well done, musically. Polished production.

Ace's was far rougher around the edges, which is Ace's style. He fit well with KISS, but toned it down, I think, for the sake of the band.

I'll tell ya though, Ace's solo record had some hair on it. More straight ahead, crunchy riffs and raw solos.

The only real weakness are Ace's vocals. They're ok, I guess. He doesn't embarrass himself, but I think it would have been better if he'd gotten a couple hired guns to come in and sing a couple tracks.

Ozzy would have been great for 'What's On Your Mind'.

Steven Tyler would have killed on 'Snow Blind'

On a side note, I know it had to absolutely kill Gene & Paul that Ace got the hit and outsold them. Hehe.

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
i'm gonna step out on a limb here and go with "Wiped Out".

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yea, Rip It Out.

Ace's solo effort is pretty good, actually. I wouldn't be able to choose between his and Gene's.

Gene's was pretty slick and really had a variety of tastes included. It was well done, musically. Polished production.

Ace's was far rougher around the edges, which is Ace's style. He fit well with KISS, but toned it down, I think, for the sake of the band.

I'll tell ya though, Ace's solo record had some hair on it. More straight ahead, crunchy riffs and raw solos.

The only real weakness are Ace's vocals. They're ok, I guess. He doesn't embarrass himself, but I think it would have been better if he'd gotten a couple hired guns to come in and sing a couple tracks.

Ozzy would have been great for 'What's On Your Mind'.

Steven Tyler would have killed on 'Snow Blind'

On a side note, I know it had to absolutely kill Gene & Paul that Ace got the hit and outsold them. Hehe.

I'm POSITIVE it did!! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LongIshmael

Members online