Best Run of Three or More Consecutive Albums

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Don't think one of my personal favorites is on here.

Kansas:

Song For America
Masque
Leftoverture
Point of Know Return

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Gonna shake this thread up a little.....

Madonna- S/T, Like a Virgin, True Blue, Like a Prayer

Michael Jackson - Off the Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous

Rod Stewart - Gasoline Alley, Every Picture Tells a Story, Never a Dull Moment..............A Night on the Town, Foot Loose & Fancy Free, Blondes have More Fun

Bee Gees - Main Course, Children of the World, Spirits Having Flown

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
This is one of those threads that gets bumped up from years ago and you can't remember whether you already voted, and you don't have time to scroll back through about 100 posts to see if you did, but in case I didn't (or mistakenly voted for something else) then I still say Status Quo's Dog of Two Heads through to Rockin' all Over the World (7 albums I think) is the best run I ever heard, not a bad track/song to be found anywhere.

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
I haven't looked through the entire thread, so this may already have been said, but the Pink Floyd body of work over seven years '73 - '79 would take some beating - Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, and The Wall. Magnificent.

Jonny Come Lately

The New Kid In Town
Reaction score
I'd have liked to suggest the Pink Floyd sequence of Meddle, The Dark Side Of The Moon and Wish You Were Here, but as others have noted Obscured by Clouds breaks this one up. I haven't heard Animals so I can't quite make a classic PF threesome.

However, I will suggest the first three Buckingham/Nicks Fleetwood Mac albums:

Fleetwood Mac (self titled), Rumours, Tusk

I think those three make a fine set.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Showing an often overlooked Southern Rock band some love, everyone knows Skynyrd, the Alllman Brothers but hardly anyone gives a second thought to the Atlanta Rhythm Section.

Third Annual Pipe Dream
Dog Days
Red Tape
A Rock and Roll Alternative
Champagne Jam

Would love to add Quinella but 3 albums come between it and their prime early material. Underdog was a decent record but wasn't quite up to my expectations from ARS although the cover of Spooky is really good.

Kickstart

Reaction score
Blue Öyster Cult: s/t, Tyranny and Mutation, Secret Treaties, Agents of Fortune, Spectres

Electic Light Orchestra: Face the Music, A New World Record, Out Of The Blue, Discovery

I'm getting rather sad when I see people calling Obscured a bad album but that's just me

The Kid

Hey Mr. Tambourine Man
Reaction score
I been thinking about Rush and what would be there best run of albums and I came up with: Permanent Waves(1980), Moving Pictures(1981), Exit Stage Left(1981), Signals(1982).

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Members online