Best Run of Three or More Consecutive Albums

CREAM'd

Reaction score
America's first five albums are all pretty good.
America ('71)
Homecoming ('72)
Hat Trick ('73)
Holiday ('74)
Hearts ('75)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
America's first five albums are all pretty good.
America ('71)
Homecoming ('72)
Hat Trick ('73)
Holiday ('74)
Hearts ('75)

I was going to post America, glad I'm not their only fan in here CREAM'd.:tup:

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Interesting. It just shows, you can be listening to rock music avidly for over 30 years, and you think you have a pretty good grasp on what went on during that time, but then you constantly find that you still have huge holes in your knowledge...I know America were a pretty big band, but I think the only songs of theirs that I know, or would recognise, are Horse With No Name and Ventura Highway. Still, it's never too late to learn!!!!....which of those albums of theirs would be a good place to start??

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I would start with their self titled debut, "America". For me they are no different than many other bands of that time, great vocal harmonies, easy going songs when I'm feeling mellow that's when I play America.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
OK LG, well if I can get in cheap enough, next time I am in Academy Records, or Bleeker Street Records (my two favourite record stores in Manhattan) I will consider getting it, I'd probably love them if I gave them half a chance, mellow works for me these days!!

CREAM'd

Reaction score
I was going to post America, glad I'm not their only fan in here CREAM'd.:tup:

They're a very good band who don't seem to get mentioned much. As you say LG, great vocal harmonies throughout their first 5 albums.
TheSound, you might like this album. Released in '77 it has a selection of songs from a few of their albums. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_(America_album)
Or as LG says start with their debut album.

CREAM'd

Reaction score
Bob Dylan.
The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan ('63)
The Times They Are a-Changin' ('64)
Another Side of Bob Dylan ('64)
Bringing It All Back Home ('65)
Highway 61 Revisited ('65)
Blonde on Blonde ('66)
John Wesley Harding ('67)
Nashville Skyline ('69)

A run of eight good albums ended with the release of Self Portrait.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Another band I was going to post, Supertramp is kind of like Yes, you either really like them(I do :D ) or not.

Which of those 4 albums is your favorite JTG??

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
^^Another band I was going to post, Supertramp is kind of like Yes, you either really like them(I do :D ) or not.

Which of those 4 albums is your favorite JTG??

Crime of the Century LG - It was the first one I bought and I never tire of listening to it. I wasn't going to include 'Breakfast in America' in that list, which would have been a bit crazy as it is their biggest seller. But I have always been of the opinion that Supertramp hit an artistic peak with the other three albums over a three year period in the '70s.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LillaMackr

Members online