Best Led Zeppelin Album?

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My 3 favourites in order are Physical Graffiti, Houses of the Holy and III. I enjoy some of their more experimental sounding stuff the most. In Through The Outdoor album I also really love.

Arkie

Reaction score
I cant narrow it down to one. Me : it cant be done.
Riff Raff summed it up though , but id also add 1 & 2 to that list.

E-Z

Reaction score
II is alright to listen to and I suppose IV is but I don't listen to it these days and in fact I don't listen to any Zeppelin albums these days except maybe Coda mainly because it was a 'odds & sods' album put out to make a bit of extra dosh.

E-Z

Reaction score
Ok Zepphead's Stairway to Heaven is a classic rock track obviously and numbers like Rock & Roll, Black Dog & Whole Lotta Love sound f**king great every time but even though I have all their studio albums including the x4 cd re-masters long box that Jimmy put out years ago plus it's Volume two and The Song Remains The Same & How The West Was Won I rarely play any of them.

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If i need a Zep fix..this is my go-to album...
Presence - Nobodys Fault But Mine.
I like to go to that album at times too and will more than IV which has Black Dog which I'm utterly sick of.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Weird alert!...had a ZepDay with the cans and polished off anything remotely sweet or christmasy.
This is my all- time LZ track, memories of the delays in the release.
Plant saying " we are having trouble with our windows"...not a sinner knew at that time what the feck he was on about!
This song began five years previous at Bron Yr Aur...then finally clicked at Jaggers big gaff- Stargroves and layed down via the now famous Stones BMC mobile truck studio.
So many nuances and personal shit with this album...bunked off school to buy it and still own that original copy!
Little bit of magic this:
Down By The Seaside.

E-Z

Reaction score
I understand why Zephead's love this band but they never did anything for me strangely although to be honest Deep Purple was 'my' band especially during the 1969-1975 era who in my humble opinion were a lot more exciting and musically more satisfying to listen to than Zeppelin and as a fellow rock dude said to me about 10 years ago how many more times do you wanna hear Plant singing about "Sqeezing my lemon till the juice runs down my leg!."

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Weird alert!...had a ZepDay with the cans and polished off anything remotely sweet or christmasy.
This is my all- time LZ track, memories of the delays in the release.
Plant saying " we are having trouble with our windows"...not a sinner knew at that time what the feck he was on about!
This song began five years previous at Bron Yr Aur...then finally clicked at Jaggers big gaff- Stargroves and layed down via the now famous Stones BMC mobile truck studio.
So many nuances and personal shit with this album...bunked off school to buy it and still own that original copy!
Little bit of magic this:
Down By The Seaside.
Doesn't get better than PG album. Up with the very best of the 70s.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online