Best Forgotten Bands of the 70's.

kuku

Reaction score
That girl band "Fanny" . The drummer with no bra , yeeeooowww. They have other songs on "beat club" channel, same gig/outfit. Is this allowed here

E-Z

Reaction score
Fanny?. Yeah I vaguely remember hearing of them when they got some airplay on BBC radio in the UK back in 1971 or 1972.

Apparently Fanny were possibly the first all women rock band and reading about the band about 20 years ago it was stated by one of the women band members that they didn't know that in the UK the name 'Fanny' was a slang word for a female's private parts?.

Last edited:

E-Z

Reaction score
Hello to all! ;)
Here is a video of Supertramp performing "All along the watchtower" 50 years ago:
I never bothered about Supertramp as I just assumed they were some 'prog rock outfit' during the 1970s but a couple of weeks ago I listened to a 'best of' cd mainly for a nostalgic listen to Dreamer & The Logical Song which sounded ok all these years later.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Sassafras were a band like Stray..who i saw many times for a £1 or so...but brilliant..think there was a connection with Love Sculpture ( Sabre Dance.) somewhere along the line.. however a cracking band that seem too overlooked.
Sassafras - Ohio.

Reactions: E-Z

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Though branded as part of the Canterbury scene...these originated from up north..Bolton.
The heartmelting Barbara Gaskin sang and Dave Mattocks who played drums on all album recordings...was never a proper member...the first album on Polydor is a must...
Spirogyra - The Furthest Point.
( Bells Boots and Shambles -'73.)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online