Best Forgotten Bands of the 70's.

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score
Martha Washington said:
I heard about JoJoGunne getting back together.
I guess somebody remembered!

heya, i like jo jo gunne.

kath
oooo ooo oooo
oooo ooo oooo oo
run (RUN) run (RUN) runnnn

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score
Spike said:
I'm confused. :confused: Is this thread about the best bands that are forgotten or bands that are best forgotten? :)

Spike

mwhaha. yer a very bad man.

kath
people in spandex will invade yer dreams.

Gearjammer

Devout Heathen
Reaction score
well.....I knew of Ted, and I knew of the Amboy Dukes, I just didn't know until recently that they were together at one point. I really only know that "Journey to the Center of the Mind" song, and I just don't hear Ted in it....but maybe it's just me...........

Fug

Reaction score
Queen
AC/CD
Abba
KC and the Sunshine Band
Uriah Heep
Osmonds
Partridge Family
Ace
Meatloaf
Air Suppy
Bay City Rollers
Captain and Tennille
Electric Light Orchestra
England Dan & John Ford Coley
Hamilton, Joe Frank and Reynolds
The Jackson Five
Little River Band
Lynyrd Skynyrd
The O'Jays
Tony Orlando and Dawn
Thin Lizzy
The Village People
Wham!
ZZ Top

Fug

Reaction score
TheEvilErk2008 said:
i was sampling some King Crimson yesterday, good stuff, but rather unheard of outside of prog enthusiasts

Not necessarily.

In July of 1969, the group debuted in front of 650,000 people at a free concert in London's Hyde Park on a bill with the Rolling Stones; later that month King Crimson ultimately recorded and produced their first album. In the Court of the Crimson King was one of the most challenging albums of the entire fledgling progressive rock movement, but somehow it caught the public's collective ear at the right moment and hit number five in England in November of 1969 — four months later, the album climbed to number 28 on the American charts. Ironically, at the peak of the LP's success the original band broke up: McDonald and Giles were becoming increasingly unhappy with the music's direction, as well as the strain of touring. By November they decided to leave — Fripp was so shaken that he even offered to exit if they would stay. The original group played their last show in December 1969; Greg Lake, having joined the group last, was uncomfortable with the idea of staying on with two replacement members, and had also been approached by Keith Emerson of the Nice about the possibility of forming a new group. He soon decided to leave Crimson as well, but agreed to stay long enough to record vocals for the next album. In the Wake of Poseidon.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online