Cheap Trick
Toto
Foreigner
Sweet
Queit Riot
Scorpions
Journey
Foghat

Journey are alive and well...in my house at least.

How about:

America
Climax Blues Band
UFO
Edgar Winter Band
Racing Cars
Tubeway Army
Nazareth

Big Generator

Reaction score
Reverend Rock said:
Any band you name is immediately disqualified...but I'll name Klaatu anyway...

Wow...I really have forgotten them...or maybe I never knew in the first place...I can't tell.

eccentric man

Reaction score
Reverend Rock said:
Remember "Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft"?

i always thought the carpenters did that one (or is it a cover?).

either way seeing some of the bands listed here makes me wonder if some of the members have ever turned on a classic rock radio station. the police? come on they get at least 3 plays a day.

as for april wine living in canada you hear them quite a bit (and the drummer used to play with my dad before joining AW). same with trooper and triumph. although i wonder how known those two are outside of the great white north.

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
eccentric man said:
as for april wine living in canada you hear them quite a bit (and the drummer used to play with my dad before joining AW). same with trooper and triumph. although i wonder how known those two are outside of the great white north.
I've heard of both Trooper and Triumph and loved them. Don't hear Trooper at all on any radio stations in my area but I occasionally do hear Triumph.

Reverend Rock

cool music and hot coffee
Reaction score
eccentric man said:
i always thought the carpenters did that one (or is it a cover?)...

The Carpenters' recording was a cover. On the liner notes of that particular Carpenters' album, Richard makes a big deal about them recording the song because he is both a Klaatu fan and a Beatles fan. When their first album came out, there was a rumor that Klaatu was actually a disguised Beatles reunion project. Anyone with any sense could listen to the lead vocals and know better, but it got a lot of mileage regardless. They were a fabulous studio band nonetheless. I have four albums by them. They tried their hand at everything from sci-fi psychedelia to vaudeville to well-pollished power pop. At their best they were stunning, and at their worst never less than entertaining.

Peace,
The Rev

DocRock

Vinyl Overlord
Reaction score
eccentric man said:
i always thought the carpenters did that one (or is it a cover?).

either way seeing some of the bands listed here makes me wonder if some of the members have ever turned on a classic rock radio station. the police? come on they get at least 3 plays a day.

------------------------
i played "raise a little hell" when it came out....in Alabama no less! but you won't hear it at all in the South now (and probably most other parts of the country), since (god, my stomach is starting to churn) Clear Channel radio basically controls the largest group of radio stations in the US.....you will hear Triumph, however.... i always liked "ooowatanite", "weeping widow", "roller" and a bunch of other Wine tunes...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online