Best Forgotten Bands of the 70's.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Yeah, just because they sold millions, doesn't make them great. Case in point, Spice Girls.

I never mentioned record sales :heheh:

I said 'biggest' because they're instantly recognisable to the majority of classic rock listeners, and some of them (i.e BeeGees, Eagles, Journey) are recognisable even to non-obsessive music listeners! :D

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Glass Harp
Iron City Houserockers
New England
Starz
The Silencers
April Wine
The Inmates
Michael Stanley Band
Point Blank
Wet Willie

That's all I can remember.

Reaction score
Glass Harp
Iron City Houserockers
New England
Starz
The Silencers
April Wine
The Inmates
Michael Stanley Band
Point Blank
Wet Willie

That's all I can remember.

I believe there is both a Starz and April Wine thread floating around the 70s rock section...:D
welcome to CRF by the way, and awesome, you are the first person on here to mention the Iron City House Rockers, I saw Joe Gruscheky over the past summer and it was the best show of the summer, aside from Aerosmith and ZZ top, but Joe was really great, he put on a super show--free too:heybaby:

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
I believe there is both a Starz and April Wine thread floating around the 70s rock section...:D
welcome to CRF by the way, and awesome, you are the first person on here to mention the Iron City House Rockers, I saw Joe Gruscheky over the past summer and it was the best show of the summer, aside from Aerosmith and ZZ top, but Joe was really great, he put on a super show--free too:heybaby:

Thanks for the welcome. A 'burgher huh? You should remember the Silencers.
Probably the best version of the Peter Gunn Theme I've ever heard.

edit: oops, Sorry, I just saw your age. But maybe you've heard of them anyway.

Reaction score
I don't believe it is possible for me to remember them, I like them though, haha, you've got thirty years on me:heheh:
but that is actually very cool, I'll have to find an album from them, it was like ventures mixed with Bowie mixed with Stones, and The Knack..... I like it:D

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
Television

Television-Marquee%20Moon%20(2003%20release).jpg

Reaction score
Television

I've actually been seeing some recognition of them lately, I haven't up until recently, but the Guitar World from 2 months ago, maybe three or four, I can't remember, but one of the GW's from 2 to 4 months ago featured Richard hell and Richard Lloyd in a big interview, then they had a good sized section on them for a few pages... even on Sirius/XM classic alternative they were played a while ago

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
I've actually been seeing some recognition of them lately, I haven't up until recently, but the Guitar World from 2 months ago, maybe three or four, I can't remember, but one of the GW's from 2 to 4 months ago featured Richard hell and Richard Lloyd in a big interview, then they had a good sized section on them for a few pages... even on Sirius/XM classic alternative they were played a while ago

well i still feel they're pretty forgotten. you don't hear about them too much from the 70's or even hear a lot of them when in discussion about punk and post punk. yeah, they're known by people like us who devote our lives to this kind of music, but outside of these forums they're pretty unknown compared to their contemporaries like Joy Division, for example

Reaction score
well i still feel they're pretty forgotten. you don't hear about them too much from the 70's or even hear a lot of them when in discussion about punk and post punk. yeah, they're known by people like us who devote our lives to this kind of music, but outside of these forums they're pretty unknown compared to their contemporaries like Joy Division, for example

I'm not arguing that, but I think they're going to make a "comeback" into regular discussion and radio, eventually, I'm seeing it a little bit more, then a few weeks later even more, so yes they were pretty much compmletely forgotten, but soon they will not be:D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyalDonah

Members online

No members online now.