Best Forgotten Bands of the 70's.

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm not arguing that, but I think they're going to make a "comeback" into regular discussion and radio, eventually, I'm seeing it a little bit more, then a few weeks later even more, so yes they were pretty much compmletely forgotten, but soon they will not be:D

well im glad you can stay optimistic because i just don't see them getting in the spot light anytime soon

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I've actually been seeing some recognition of them lately, I haven't up until recently, but the Guitar World from 2 months ago, maybe three or four, I can't remember, but one of the GW's from 2 to 4 months ago featured Richard hell and Richard Lloyd in a big interview, then they had a good sized section on them for a few pages... even on Sirius/XM classic alternative they were played a while ago

Agreed....Marquee Moon is in The Best Buy by me...with their own Television slot and everything...

Reaction score
well im glad you can stay optimistic because i just don't see them getting in the spot light anytime soon

I'm seeing a lot of the 70s punk bands starting to make that come back, I think they are in demand again because of who's sort of controlling the circuit of everything now, its the middle aged folk who would have grown up on that music of mid to late 70s, like they are the ones who are respected now, not retired yet, but respected and probably most valued in the economy over all, most of their kids are either out of the house or old enough that the parents can start sort of doing what they want now....then you have the midlife crisis-ers, from 2009 and 2010 already 2 tv shows that focused on the 70s, one was a massive flop and focused on them directly, and the other one is doing pretty well with ratings-- and is set in the present, but based off their youths in the 70s--Swingtown and Men of a Certain Ageso I just notice like at that time in a general generation's life, their pop culture begins to become back into the mainstream.... and I think that is enough of my babbling, none of it probably makes sense anyways:heheh:
been up since 3 pm yesterday and got 1 and a half hours of sleep today a little earlier... I'm not at my brightest state

EDIT: you could always do a thread about them TL:heybaby:

Last edited:

Reaction score
nahhh ill pass on that suggestion :heheh:

c'mon, c+p a bit from wiki, write some crap, put up some youtube videos:grinthumb

ah.. fine, if I wasn't working on a Tom Petty thread first I'd do Television, maybe next week...:cheers:

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score
i agree with the fox; Beck, Bogert, and Appice kicked some major ass back in the 70's

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vikas2324thakur

Staff online

Members online