Humble Pie
Mott the Hoople
The Knack
The Hollies
Edgar Winter Group
Robin Trower
Grass Roots
Rare Earth

Edit: There were so many good bands of the 70's and I know there are some I have forgotten to mention :)

I don't know about you, but I listen to sirius/xm radio and a lot of those bands are still played on the regular classic rock stations, some of those bands I will admit were forgotten besides their hits, but that has to do with single song downloading instead of purchasing a full album, but I ******* love poco, and J. Geils band is a fun band, not the best in the world but fun, and I love atlanta rythym section, but so much of their stuff sounds to same, but The are a good band

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
^ Stone the crows - The Knack are better when forgotten! :bonk:

Black Feather - At The Mountains of Madness from 1971 is a hidden gem from Australia which the Rest of the World have probably totally overlooked! :D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know about you, but I listen to sirius/xm radio and a lot of those bands are still played on the regular classic rock stations, some of those bands I will admit were forgotten besides their hits, but that has to do with single song downloading instead of purchasing a full album, but I ******* love poco, and J. Geils band is a fun band, not the best in the world but fun, and I love atlanta rythym section, but so much of their stuff sounds to same, but The are a good band

I dont listen to XM radio, I am a bit old fashion. I dont listen to radio at all unless I am in my car. I agree about the single song approach, which as you well know began with radio programming, not just downloading. :)

I feel alot of the bands of the 70's were fun to listen to, I think that is what is wrong with new music today, the fun is gone.

Funny you mention Poco as a great band, lol, I liked them so much I named a dog Poco in the 80's. Poco had gotten forgotten, or not even known, by so many people, that I was constantly explaining to people where I got my dog's name from. I didn't mind though, because I would turn a lot of people on to a great band that way. In the 80's it was popular to use cassette tapes, and I would make them a copy of the "Legend" album.

Reaction score
I dont listen to XM radio, I am a bit old fashion. I dont listen to radio at all unless I am in my car. I agree about the single song approach, which as you well know began with radio programming, not just downloading. :)

I feel alot of the bands of the 70's were fun to listen to, I think that is what is wrong with new music today, the fun is gone.

Funny you mention Poco as a great band, lol, I liked them so much I named a dog Poco in the 80's. Poco had gotten forgotten, or not even known, by so many people, that I was constantly explaining to people where I got my dog's name from. I didn't mind though, because I would turn a lot of people on to a great band that way. In the 80's it was popular to use cassette tapes, and I would make them a copy of the "Legend" album.
I've given up on regular radio, its too commercial and the djs have no talent, you can't even tell what station you are on by the dj, they just play the same old metallica, acdcs new album and now the classic station started playing nickleback:bonk:, at least around where I live, I don't know if Fm radio is still good where you are ,but my classic stations suck and so do the djs, I only listen to xm in the car too... If I'm home I'm listening to vynil or I'm youtubing for music, or this site called http://theultimatebootlegexperience.blogspot.com or something has awesome live performances, like just random ones :phones:
and regards to poco, I think legend is one of their lamer albums, besides the title song, no that I don't listen and enjoy it, but its low for my standars for poco, I like COwboys and Englishmen, Indian summer (besides the last track on each side), and Poco (mostly because of you better think twice), but I love the whole country rock thing, eagles to hatchet ya know whatever

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You could easily add Punks Bands from the 70's to this list:

The Stiffs
Generation X
Chelsea

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Not forgotten by me of course, but by the general public:

Pat Travers
J. Geils Band
Atlanta Rhythm Section
Three Dog Night
Uriah Heep
Point Blank
Poco
Golden Earring
Boz Scaggs
Thin Lizzy
Slade
Humble Pie
Mott the Hoople
The Knack
The Hollies
Edgar Winter Group
Robin Trower
Grass Roots
Rare Earth

Edit: There were so many good bands of the 70's and I know there are some I have forgotten to mention :)

No arguments with most of those, but Thin Lizzy, The Hollies, The Knack and Uriah Heep aren't really forgotten so to speak, I find that a lot of people still listen to them, even though they don't get much media attention.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
That is kinda what I mean when I think of forgotten bands, how the media forgets them.

Of course us music fanatics dont forget, but if you go to a high school and get together 25 graduating seniors and ask them "who these bands are"....what response do you think you would get???!!!!

Or lets step that up a bit...go to a university and gather 25 graduates, and do the same thing, ask them who these bands are, what do you think would happen??!!

they are forgotten :(

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
The media forgets things that are 3 months old nowadays...

Ah, but University is where lots of music fanatics are, you could well be surprised! :tongue:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Staff online