Best Buy Pulls The Plug On CDs

Old Dude

I do not suffer fools gladly.
Reaction score
I'm not surprised. Most of the bigger electronic stores had a terrible selection of CD's for years.

That's true. Almost none of my favorite artists have CDs for sale in stores. It's difficult to impossible to find them anywhere.

But then, it shouldn't surprise anyone that CDs are going the way of pre-recorded cassettes, vinyl LPs and 45s, pre-recorded reel-to-reel tapes, 8 tracks, 78 RPM records on shellac, and wax cylinders.

And here's something to put things in perspective. "Love Me Do" was released as a single in 1962. It's 56 years old. When it was new, a 56 year old recording would have been on a wax cylinder. One song from that year, 1906, was "Wait 'Till the Sun Shines, Nellie". A song as old when Elvis Presley's "Heartbreak Hotel" was new would have been recorded in 1894, like "The Enthusiast Polka", by the U.S. Marine Band!

Reactions: joe

Ar-Pharazon

Reaction score
I remember going to the closest BB in the early to mid-90's, and damn was that a great selection of CD's.

No other store had anywhere near what they had, not to mention imports.

In the late-90's, I discovered CDNow.com (before Amazon ruined everything by buying them). An even better selection and massive numbers of imports.

I mean, it's not a huge surprise. BB makes way more profit on TV's and other appliances. This will give them more room for that stuff.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentonBeo

Members online

No members online now.