Best album of original work ever

B

beatlmniac

My first CD that i bought. THE WALL its a grreat masterpiece, it just makes u feel floyds pain

Gearjammer

Devout Heathen
Reaction score
I would have to say the bulk of Floyd's work from DSOTM thru The Final Cut is right up there, mostly because it is some the most original music out there.Yes, there are familiar elements, but nothing that makes you say...wow...that sounds like this or that, not to mention no cover tunes. And all of these albums flowed from song to song, each album its own musical masterpiece.

cunundrumpw

Reaction score
Texas Flood isn't bad either. Pride and Joy and the title song are awesome. The man even makes Mary Had a Little Lamb work. Now that's talent.

Last edited:

Gearjammer

Devout Heathen
Reaction score
Actually, now that I think of it, either Tommy or Quadrophenia by The Who. Also, Live at Leeds should be mandatory listening.

cunundrumpw

Reaction score
I'm afraid I'm going to have to change my vote. Dark Side of the Moon is a good album, but I forgot how good Rush's 2112 is. Definately my favorite album.

Attachments

• 2112.jpg
    2112.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 60

Mr Ace

The Monster's Boss
Reaction score
My Favorite Albums Have To Be:

Who's Next
Songs In The Key of Life
Dark Side of The Moon
Pyramid

B

Born To Run

As goes the name my favorite album is Born To Run, Springsteen just makes such epic anthems that it is impossible not to like it. Also a big fan of Sgt. Pepper's, although A Hard Day's Night, though poppy, somehow has incredibly memorable songs, one of my favorite albums as well.

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
Sorry for digging up old posts, but they are new to me.

ZiggyStardust.jpg

One of the most original and flowing rock albums ever.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craqdi

Members online

No members online now.