Best album of original work ever

Midnight Rider

Captain Karma
Reaction score
Thanks for renewing the subject. It's a good one.

I would probably go with Tommy by The Who or CCr's first album.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
This is a tough one,,,,Jeff Wayne's original and best version of "War of the Worlds", based on the novel by H.G. Wells and narrated by the mellifluous voice of Richard Burton. I have a few others I will add later on.

Flower

retired
Reaction score
This is a tough one,,,,Jeff Wayne's original and best version of "War of the Worlds", based on the novel by H.G. Wells and narrated by the mellifluous voice of Richard Burton. I have a few others I will add later on.

I love Richard Burton's voice, he also narrated "Zulu" which is one of my all time favourite movies.

:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I just watched Zulu yesterday,,,great movie and I love Burton's voice too Flower. Michael Caine sure looked young in that one.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If we are talking about originality of work I will choose an album most of you have probably never heard:

Love_-_forever_changes.jpg

Forever Changes by Love

This is an 8 piece orchestra band, where 5 pieces recorded most of the songs on this album. This was released in 1967 in anticipation of the coming "rock opera" era. It is the best psychedelic album ever, IMO.

If you want more originality try this Mogwai EP released in 1999:

200px-Mogwai.ep..jpg

Stanley Kubrick by Mogwai

Flower

retired
Reaction score
I read that the Electric Prunes would be in town this summer and purchased tickets for The California '66 Revue and found out that both Love (or what remained of the group) and Sky Saxon would be preforming as well as The Seeds (or some of them) ... after we purchased the tickets, Sky Saxon died and two days before the concert, The Electric Prunes cancelled. EEK!

Our money was refunded (by request) .. I would've liked to see The Electric Prunes and Love as I've heard good things about Love in the past year or so ...

:wtf:

rtbuck

Reaction score
SomeGirls78.jpg

I've always considered Some Girls the best album because of all the genres that are represented throughout the record & even though there were the radio friendly hits like "Miss You" & "Beast of Burden" which were great tunes The Stones also had some in yer face rockers like "Respectable","Lies","When the Whip Comes Down" & "Shattered. There was stuff on this record that could reach almost anybody

Oblivion

Reaction score
Apocalyptica's first album... Although filled with metallica covers, it still is extremely original...

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
SomeGirls78.jpg

I've always considered Some Girls the best album because of all the genres that are represented throughout the record & even though there were the radio friendly hits like "Miss You" & "Beast of Burden" which were great tunes The Stones also had some in yer face rockers like "Respectable","Lies","When the Whip Comes Down" & "Shattered. There was stuff on this record that could reach almost anybody

Craig got me interested in this album a few months ago, so I found a great copy and have to say I really like this album a lot more now than when it was originally released.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Members online