Best album of original work ever

cunundrumpw

Reaction score
At first I was going to make this a poll, but then I realized that there are way to many great albums to list. My personal favorite would have to be Dark Side of the Moon. I find myself listening to the whole album almost every day. Every song runs together so well that it seems like the whole album is just one long song. There are also excelent guitar solos from Gilmour and great lyrics from Waters. Feel free to discuss your favorite album of ORIGINAL work here. No Best of or Greatest Hits albums.

Attachments

• Dark Side 30th.jpg
    Dark Side 30th.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

cnbpjb

Reaction score
I agree with you about "Dark Side Of The Moon"; the only album I can think of that comes close to this album is the Beatles' "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" album.

Of course I'm still waiting to play "Dark Side Of The Moon" while simultaneously playing a DVD of "The Wizard Of Oz" with the sound off. I wonder if it really does line up that is the lp as an interesting soundtrack to the film (and what is more interesting if it is true, the lp was released in 1972, while the film was released in 1939). :D

Attachments

• wiza6.gif
    wiza6.gif
    34.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

cunundrumpw

Reaction score
cnbpjb said:
I agree with you about "Dark Side Of The Moon"; the only album I can think of that comes close to this album is the Beatles' "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" album.

Of course I'm still waiting to play "Dark Side Of The Moon" while simultaneously playing a DVD of "The Wizard Of Oz" with the sound off. I wonder if it really does line up that is the lp as an interesting soundtrack to the film (and what is more interesting if it is true, the lp was released in 1972, while the film was released in 1939). :D
I agree with you about Sgt. Pepper. My second favorite album.

By the way, about the Wizard of Oz, I have tried it and it works quite well. You have to start the album on the third roar of the black-and-white MGM lion. This is very important, because on some versions of the video, they have a colored MGM lion before the black-and-white one. It may take a few times to get it set up just right, but it's worth it!

cnbpjb

Reaction score
Okay I'll keep that in mind when doing the set-up of "Dark Side Of The Moon" and "The Wizard Of Oz" playing together.

Zombeels

Reaction score
To me the best album ever has to be Zombies - Odessey & Oracle

zombies~~~~_odesseyor_101b.jpg

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
DEEP PURPLE - IN ROCK

Ritchie Blackmore finally got fed up with Jon Lords classical noodling and busted out some of the heaviest riffs ever layed down. The album opens with a barrage of power chords and leads, with violent whammy bar dives that becomes Speed King and ends the same way with sonic bombast at the end of Hard Lovin' Man. From Ian Gillan's ear piercing, multi-octave screams on Child In Time (and a blistering solo to boot from Blackmore) to the funky muted, wah wah chords and drum beat that break down Flight of the Rat this album marked the arrival of the real Deep Purple. Bloodsucker is classic Purple with the guitar/organ trade-offs, screaming vocals and a monstorous riff (not to mention one of my personal favorites). A milestone in the birth of hard rock/heavy metal.

Last edited:

Guitarplayer1989

Reaction score
I would have to agree that Sgt. Pepper's and Darkside are the two greatest. I'll also throw in BACK IN BLACK and KIND OF BLUE by Miles Davis. Oh... almost forgot Fleetwood Mac's Rumours. I would also throw in BECK-OLA but this is Original Albums

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Maybe not the best, but one of the best is definetly Alice In Chains' Dirt album.

C

chris_6t9r

I Like Rage Against the Machine's debut album. I think all the songs are great except for "Fistfull of Steel" It has some great riffs too.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ByronPasch

Members online