Bay City Rollers (Official Thread)

muzik_guy

Certified Music Geek
Reaction score
I grew up with BCR & loved their more rocking tracks (R&R Love Letter, Wouldn't You Like It?, Money Honey, etc) but I give the edge to the newly christened The Rollers with Duncan Faure on vox. Elevator is just fantastic. What a comeback! That is such an overlooked classic IMHO.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
If I still had to pick a favourite album, it would have to be Dedication. Don't know why. Here's a great HQ clip of Let's Pretend

I know Astrid is gonna love this bump here :grinthumb

DebbieRaven

Reaction score
Love!!!

:d
b-a-y, b-a-y,
b-a-y, c-i-t-y,
with an r-o-double-l, e-r-s,
bay city rollers are the best!

band started by two brothers alan and derek longmuir in 1966 this band formerly known as the saxons went onto super stardom and super fame. We'll try and hit some of the better songs some of you may not have known (as well as the hits). This is a very underrated band...great musicians...yes folks..they played on the records...each member playing multiple instruments and the great eric faulkner who played guitar,mandolin,violin and a slew of others show the talents this band had...i believe will surprise some folks.

Along with bad management in the end, and royalty troubles, the band not only lost their throne at the top but had endured depression, substance abuse and an overall determination to find themselves.

We'll start with one of my favorite songs...and one that imo, tells the story of the rise and fall, the dreams and fears along with a realistic outlook from this band in 3 1/2 minutes.

they rock!!!!

wiki link along with discography

yesterdays hero

bay-city-rollers-photo-xl-bay-city-rollers-6234096.jpg

bay+city+rollers.jpg

bay-city-rollers-calendar-2007-363139.jpg

LisaMak

Reaction score
My true loves

I literally lived, breathed, eat, slept the Bay City Rollers. 1976 was absolutely PANDEMONIUM in Toronto, June 27th Nathan Phillips Square. They estimated over 100,000 had descended to catch a glimpse. I was 11 yrs old, my dad took myself and 2 gf to see them in Toronto. We lived in Niagara so just an hour away. The boys were being presented with 2 platinum albums, that's huge, platinum! They were only able to appear briefly twice for bout 5 mins as the crowd was pushing forward and became far too dangerous for everyone. So disappointed as we stood in scorching heat for hrs and hrs!
I think the appeal was the absolute giving of the boys. Every appearance they were so honest and gave 100%. Truly talented, didn't get credit, recognition or MONEY they deserved. Woody was my ultimate crush, still is!

LisaMak

Reaction score
MY TRUE LOVES Part 2

These young lady were dealt a real CRAP hand at the behest of their rapist of a manager (well documented, did jail time). He worked those boys to the bone. Alan Longmuir, oldest and original member quoted as saying he got "one day off in 2 years to attend a wedding". Tam Paton their manager quite literally was a SLAVE DRIVER who ruled with an iron hand. Can u imagine a bunch of 19, 20 year olds forbidden a pint or ANY contact what so ever with females? Well known he HATED women yet it was us who made HIM RICH, by buying every album, tshirt, tartan gear, poster and every single teen magazine that even mentioned the Rollers! He sexually raped one member, attempted to rape another, but in the end RAPED every single one of them of their monies, royalties, etc. These lads should be "living the life", instead still waiting for the courts.

LisaMak

Reaction score
My true loves part 3

As I previously mentioned, Stuart "Woody" Wood was my one and only, truth be told he still does it for me! He has aged like a fine wine. I was in a dilemma at one point when Ian Mitchell joined the band. Being from Nr.Ireland I felt a pull toward my fellow countryman. Not to mention he too was gorgeous and young like Woody, 17. Being that I was only 11 in 1976 I liked the younger lads. Woody had the best sense of humour of the bunch which only added to his persona. He was always the first to jump into anything head first, quite literally!
So my Bay City Rollers are talking bout coming to Toronto for the 40 anniversary of that day in June I previously spoke of. Looks like Alan, Les and yes, my Woody will be there. However, just won't be the same without Eric, Derek and my countryman Ian Mitchell!

crjames

Reaction score
I've been trying to learn more about this band. I think they are phenomenal. Coming from a 'metal' guy, i really like the bubblegum quality. Especially the vocals.
Its great to read about their history. Started in 1966. I was wondering where that music was coming from? What musical influences they had? Weren't they unique back then?
I recently watched, '8 Days a Week' Beatles Doc and it was at around the same time. BCR from Edinburgh, Bealtles-Liverpool.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Staff online

Members online