Bay City Rollers (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
B-A-Y, B-A-Y,
B-A-Y, C-I-T-Y,
With an R-O-double-L, E-R-S,
Bay City Rollers are the best!

Band started by two brothers Alan and Derek Longmuir in 1966 this band formerly known as The Saxons went onto super stardom and super fame. We'll try and hit some of the better songs some of you may not have known (as well as the hits). This is a very underrated band...great musicians...YES folks..they played on the records...each member playing multiple instruments and the great Eric Faulkner who played guitar,mandolin,violin and a slew of others show the talents this band had...I believe will surprise some folks.

Along with bad management in the end, and royalty troubles, the band not only lost their throne at the top but had endured depression, substance abuse and an overall determination to find themselves.

We'll start with one of my favorite songs...and one that IMO, tells the story of the rise and fall, the dreams and fears along with a realistic outlook from this band in 3 1/2 minutes.

THEY ROCK!!!!

Wiki Link along with Discography

Yesterdays Hero

bay-city-rollers-photo-xl-bay-city-rollers-6234096.jpg

Bay_City_Rollers_521425079.jpg

Bay+City+Rollers.jpg

Bay-City-Rollers-Calendar-2007-363139.jpg

Last edited:

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
Re: The Bay City Rollers!!!

This is the greatest thread of the week.

Gorgeous, charming lads with incredibly glammy, catchy music.

I played the hell out of their music as a kid, and still do from time to time. Anyone who isn't made instantly happier by the Bay City Rollers must have a hardened heart.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Cool lady thanks for stopping in so quick. I'm gonna take a sharp left here as there is alot of stuff we can post on these huys and allow us to catch up with one of the members , Eric Faulkner!!

Here is a clip of Eric today, live...he's awesome and he ROCKS!!

Also so some of us can hear his new music here.

Eric's Myspace: Check out...CHECK OUT THE BABE!! Great song!

World Reunion

A powerful song by former Bay City Rollers guitarist Eric Faulkner, recorded at the Black Country Museum Chainmakers' Festival on 13th September 2008. This is his tribute to the Miami Showband, three members of whom were brutally gunned down in an ambush. They were non-sectarian, with members from both Irish communities, and had met the Bay City Rollers on tour. The lead singer, Fran O'Toole, who was only 19, was a Bay City Rollers fan. He was shot 17 times in the head.

EricSoloAcousticFestival.jpg

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

scared_referee.jpg

JUST KIDDING!! Thought you might need this guy to add some whistle to the groove..;)

rtbuck

Reaction score

When they first released "Saturday Night" as a single it was great. One of those fun sing-a-long songs with a bit of a bite but soon after the single was released Rollermania took over which was fine...if you were a teenage or pre-teen girl(I know it sounds like I'm taking a shot at them here but I'm not. It's just what it seemed like to me during that time in my area). They took over the teen idol throne that was being held by Donny Osmond. Every 16, Tiger Beat, & Super Teen magazine was full of the Rollers every month. It kind of sucked because they were a good band & it seemed like everyone loved Saturday Night but once they started gracing the covers of those magazines a lot of guys were turned off. I like the band & my favorite tune by them was "Money Honey" which was another one of those rockers that I really loved because of the music even though I didn't know what rock & roll was yet, so this was another of those mid 70's songs that helped mold my taste in music even though I didn't know it.

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Thumper!!! The man with the whistle :oyea:

Yeah!! Bucky!! Money Honey!! Good Call!!

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

:yay:

MP did it....a tribute to a fabulous boy band, and a classic group!

I loved "Saturday Night" and still do.

Love the line in this song "gonna rock and roll till my jeans explode"

:heheh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Staff online