Battle of 2012 Thrash Albums

Favourite Thrash Album of 2012?

• Total voters

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I am not a huge fan of Thrash, but I do like Kreator and Testament.

I have to go with Testament ~ Dark Roots of Earth. The title song, Animal Magnitism, Cold Embrace, and the Powerslave cover get my vote.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Listening again to The Testament and Kreator album. The level of musicianship is about equal. Why Testament gets my vote is the fact that Chuck his vocals are more versatile than Mille his vocals. When I listen to Mille I get bored easily.

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
Im not voting as ive only heard the new overkill(excellent).I will be picking the others up in due course though.

ElPatanico

Dad Rockin Man
Reaction score
Looks like a terrible year for thrash metal. I love thrash, but not of the "Bay Area Variety," for the most part (or even most American thrash). I also love Kreator, but this will probably be the first Kreator album I pass on... for at least a while. Metal in general has just gotten TOO DAMN MELODIC, POLISHED and CLEANED UP for my tastes. Metal needs to get nasty again.

Old School Thrash lives on FOREVER!

Last edited:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like that it got a bit melodic, they need to show a little bit of depth. I would get bored quickly if every album was just break neck thrash speed. Each album to me had a nice mix of the heavy thrashing songs with a bit of different stuff in there.
To each their own though.

ElPatanico

Dad Rockin Man
Reaction score
There are ways to add variety to a style of music without it all sounding the same. Today's metal all just sounds too similar. Same production, some melodic-riffed guitars, etc. A little variety would be nice.That's the point I'm trying to make. Not trying to offend anyone. As with all genres, if you dig deep enough, you'll find something, such as the last couple Bulldozer albums and Incendiary by Ares Kingdom, but I'm not so sure neither of those bands necessarily fit the "straight up thrash" description or not... Not to mention, those albums likely weren't from 2012.

Again, not trying to bash anyone's tastes, just joining the discussion.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No one said you were bashing, I was adding my two cents to the matter. I disagree also that it all sounds the same too. I love a lot of today's metal because it has a diverse range. I respect your opinion though, these albums aren't for everyone.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
1 - Testament
2 - Kreator
3 - Overkill

Bonded by Blood made a good album with Aftermath. And Suicidal Angels did that with Bloodbath as well.

Destruction's new album I feel was far better than Bonded By Blood's album which was decent enough. I wish I had included Destruction as Spiritual Genocide was a brilliant relase.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Staff online

Members online