Barry Manilow (Official Thread)

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Re: Barry Manilow

There a good number of songs by Barry that I like, with "Mandy" of course being my favorite.

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score

You are correct sir. I do also remember reading somewhere at some point that Bruce explained that the song isn't written from the aspect of "the writer" writes the songs but actually meaning that "the music" writes the songs.

I could be wrong about that though.

No, I believe you're absolutely right, Lynch. But the irony works so much better on the more superficial level. ;)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Unavoidable really growing up in the 70's. We heard him every Saturday morning too. :grinthumb

:dance:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I'm bumping this song because #1. It exposes all the Manilow fans, especially Magic! :heheh: #2. It's fun to see everybody get worked up by seeing a Barry Manilow fan in a "Rawk" forum! :oyea: #3. I reached the point of exposing my ownership of his Greatest Hits in my C.D. Collection thread! #4. He's actually a good songwriter in the vain of Neil Diamond! :grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Thanks for the bump, Sooty! As a singer he not only rivals Neil Diamond, but Frank Sinatra, too.

Barry only had two albums to ever reach #1 on the Billboard charts, Barry Manilow Live (1977) and:

B000CNDIZO.01._AA320_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

The Greatest Songs of the 50's was released in 2006. This just proves that people not only love Manilow, but they love the 50's as well. :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

Barry only had two albums to ever reach #1 on the Billboard charts, Barry Manilow Live (1977) and:

B000CNDIZO.01._AA320_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

The Greatest Songs of the 50's was released in 2006. This just proves that people not only love Manilow, but they love the 50's as well. :grinthumb

Oh wow...I was not aware of that but I am down with it. :grinthumb

Fever

Reaction score

From Foul Play-good song and funny movie starring Chevy Chase and Goldie Hawn

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37