Bands You Never Used To Like, But Now You Do?

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
Alice in Chains over the last 5 years or so. Growing up the rock radio station i listend to here in DC played "Rooster" or "Would" "Man in the Box" at least 4 times a day each. When i stopped listening to radio that is when i really was to appreciate the genius that is Layne Staley and Jerry Cantrell

ladyislingering

retired
Reaction score
It took me a while to get into Steely Dan. Roxy Music was an acquired taste kind of thing for me. Both of those bands I'm now practically hooked on.

(I was wearing a Roxy shirt just yesterday, and a cool guy at a gas station thought it was pretty awesome.)

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
PJ Harvey-I bought Rid of Me at a used record store ages ago listen to it once and didn't like it. In 1999 I met a big fan of PJ Harvey and tried her again. Love her today.

Marillion-Tried them a few times in the early 90's didn't like them and then by 2000 I was a big fan.

jackory

The NEW King of Pop
Reaction score
It took me a while to get into Steely Dan. Roxy Music was an acquired taste kind of thing for me. Both of those bands I'm now practically hooked on.

(I was wearing a Roxy shirt just yesterday, and a cool guy at a gas station thought it was pretty awesome.)

A Roxy Music t-shirt IS awesome!

I have an on-and-off relationship with Steely Dan. There are times when I just love them. Then, there are other times when I cannot stand them, especially Fagen's snide delivery.

Bands I used to like but don't anymore? That's a long, long list.

Fever

Reaction score
These bands I liked okay but never bought anything by them and now I am starting to add them to my collection.For the most part they are bands that were big when I was younger-such as Alice Cooper,UFO and Ten Years After.

Fever

Reaction score
LG, I hope the four CDs are ''Strikes'', ''Tomcattin''', ''Marauder'' and ''Flyin' High'', because those are their best albums, imo.

Blackfoot is great. I'm a big Rickey Medlocke fan.

Same here.I think I bought Strikes the first week it came out.

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
At first I hated The Presets, they annoyed me to no end. But after the radio's usual overplaying, I eventually grew to like their single This Boy's In Love, and from there I bought their album and never looked back. When I saw them in concert in 2008 it was one of the best I'd been to!

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score
Alice in Chains over the last 5 years or so. Growing up the rock radio station i listend to here in DC played "Rooster" or "Would" "Man in the Box" at least 4 times a day each. When i stopped listening to radio that is when i really was to appreciate the genius that is Layne Staley and Jerry Cantrell

Indeed. Throughout the 80's and 90's, where I worked, the stereo would be cranked on the production floor 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week. I would end up despising a given current band or song because of it, constantly droning in the background. Billy Idol, Guns and Roses, Soundgarden, Oasis, Smashing Pumpkins, even Van Halen. Now that I'm not subjected to it 24/7, I appreciate a lot of it when I hear a song not subjected to the Clear Channel rotation mantra.

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online