Band equipment in the 60's

overdriven77

Reaction score
Since I started to play bass in a band, I have been taking interest in music equipment........so, what kind of gear was used back in the 60's? Was there PA systems like today? What equipment has been used for vocals? Let's have a discusion about that.

Thanks

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Check out these old VOX amps!! :grinthumb

eastwestfabfour03_l.jpg

overdriven77

Reaction score
hheheh, cool :).....wish I had one.....

btw, can anyone recomend me something, we just started a band, so what we need for a vocals equipment?

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I could recommend going on Craigslist to buy some used equipment..If your just starting out and lack any big funds then you could just use a decent amp with a good mic.. Here's a bottom but good mic..The Sennheiser E935 Cardioid and more top of the line..Audix OM6..
Here's a link for you to check out..

Vocalist - P.A and Musical Equipment

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
There was a time (a few years back) when the old valve sound was really sought after. There was a kind of pub/club blues/rock revival here in the UK and getting that 60's vibe was really in.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Since I started to play bass in a band, I have been taking interest in music equipment........so, what kind of gear was used back in the 60's? Was there PA systems like today? What equipment has been used for vocals? Let's have a discusion about that.

Thanks
Tube driven amp heads (much warmer but also somewhat unpredictable sound) analog effects (sometimes the malfunctions or idiosyncracies of these kinds of effects caused a player to create right on the spot. Results varied but were occasionally magical), analog keyboards (including the Hammond Organ and infamous Mellowtron) and the required ability to entertain live audiences.

If we had that last thing today we might see truly classic music return.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Almost all the old bands had to impress someone connected to a label with their live performance back in the day before getting signed to any contract and there was no faking it either.

I can't say much about the gear you are curious about Overdriven77, but what I can say is the old stereo equipment from the late 60's to the 80's is highly sought after, they built it to last back then, puts the modern stuff being churned out of the factories helter skelter by China to shame.

overdriven77

Reaction score
^^Almost all the old bands had to impress someone connected to a label with their live performance back in the day before getting signed to any contract and there was no faking it either.

I can't say much about the gear you are curious about Overdriven77, but what I can say is the old stereo equipment from the late 60's to the 80's is highly sought after, they built it to last back then, puts the modern stuff being churned out of the factories helter skelter by China to shame.

well you are damn right, digital formats like mp3's killed the concept of an album....today people don't listen to albums, they just take the songs they like...but if you wanna know what is the bands philosophy, what are they trying to say, to represent, you gotta listen the whole album.......and i think that's the reason why today's music sucks....if you watch any music tv (like MTV) you are going to see bunch of meaningless crap! And another thing why i hate mp3's is the compression. God damn it, on 90% of mp3's you can't
decently hear the bass guitar or kick drum. I wish i had lived in 60's and 70's

peace, and sorry you had to hear about my frustrations towards modern music

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.