Badfinger (Official Thread)

rtbuck

Reaction score
Thanks to the TV series Breaking Bad... Badfinger sales are up thanks to the brilliant inclusion of their tune "Baby Blue" at the very end of the final episode of the series. I was a fan of the series & as Baby Blue began playing at the end I couldn't believe my ears as it was a perfect ending.

I've always been a big fan of Badfinger & can't Believe I never seen this thread or thought of starting a thread on them! I may be a huge Kiss,Cooper, & Stones freak but My favorite song of all-time is "No Matter What" by Badfinger.

Baby Blue is off the Straight Up album which is a phenomenal album that along with their No Dice album belongs in every true rock fan's collection.

I am glad that guitarist Joey Molland continues touring around keeping the Badfinger name alive. Badfinger had a sad & tragic career which ended way too soon but their many songs live on

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Both "Dice" and "Up" were put out on the Beatles founded Apple Records.Peter Ham and Tom Evans committede suicide,Ham in 1975 and Evans in 1983.Defintiely one of rock's more overlooked outfits.Tight sound,good writing.Paul McCartney wrote their break through hit "Come And Get It" while Ham penned the pop classic "Without You" for the "Dice" set.Of course later,the late great Harry Nilsson immortalized this one with his stellar vocal stylings.

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
A very tragic story in so many ways, Badfinger never gets the respect that they deserve. Probably because people think of them as a Beatles clone, but who wasn't in those days? The 1979 release "Airwaves" is a great album that is pretty much ignored by everyone.

Sympathy

The Dreamer
[GROOVESHARK]11560427[/GROOVESHARK]

rtbuck

Reaction score
Airwaves is great! I had it on vinyl but not CD which was impossible to find but it did become available at iTunes on download a couple of years ago so I bought it. For the longest time in the early/mid 80's that was the only Badfinger record I could find in my area(it was in the reduced bin when I bought mine). I didn't really look into Badfinger until 1980/1981 when I became legal to drink & get into clubs. I used to see a local band called the Beez who played a mix of originals & covers & they always played "No Matter What". I knew the song but hadn't heard since I was about 10 years old listening to AM Top 40 & now I had to try and find it which I had no luck(In the meantime I bought Airwaves for $1.99). A year or so later a guy I worked with was listening to a cassette he made with 'No Dice' & 'Straight up' and I couldn't believe my ears. I remembered songs like Baby Blue, Without You, & Day After Day & loved the rest. I don't know why I didn't think of it prior but this record store I frequented had a used section so I went there & found "No Dice" & a few months later they had "Straight up". I really do enjoy Airwaves though!

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
Thank you "Breaking Bad". It's great to see people discovering one of the most underrated bands ever. This is what great pop music sounds like. Long live Badfinger!

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
I thought I read somewhere that the original title of the Beatles "A Little Helo From My Friends" may have been "Badfinger Boogie" and that Paul McCartney dubbed the band with this moniker when the Beatles discovered them.Previously,they were known as the Iveys when George Harrison first saw them play at a club in Wales on the west of England....

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
Some of us listen to Badfinger more often than Klaatuu.
Part of their storyline is tragic. The connections to and participations from The Beatles did increase my interest in Badfinger but I remain just a casual fan. I listen to Straight Up and No Dice but mostly a compilation album.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online