Badfinger (Official Thread)

Reaction score
Re: Badfinger.

McCartney had written a song that he decided to give them, `Come and get it', their first major hit, but it came to a point where they rather not have performed it. It was seen as an albatross around their necks, because of the Beatles connection.
George Harrison produced some songs on the `Straight Up' album, but he had to bow out due to other commitments Todd Rundgren took over producing.
Badfinger did appear alongside Harrison at the concert for Bangladesh.

This is what I was thinking of, I knew Rundgren did that one, but wasn't sure where a Beatles had contributed:cheers::heheh:

muzik_guy

Certified Music Geek
Reaction score

Tragic story, this band. I highly recommend Dan Matovina's "Without You" for an in-depth chronicle of the band's downward spiral. If you're new to the band, I'd recommend starting with "Straight Up" & "Wish You Were Here". Both are just mindblowing.

JerseyGirl

Reaction score

My favorite Badfinger song...Baby Blue!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score

Thanks for this thread. I love this band. It is sad that this band seems to be remembered for the tragic way their story ended, but when you listen to songs like "Day After Day", "Without You", "Sweet Tuesday Morning" or "Midnight Caller" I mean, Oh God, the very definition of bittersweet. Pete, Tom and Mike RIP.

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score

Great band.:grinthumb

I never knew that they wrote and sang the following song as it was such a big hit for Harry Nilsson. Their original version is very good.

Kink Floyd

Reaction score

They are definitely a band of note.

I particularly liked Apple of My Eye off that ass album..

Masherbrum

Riding the Steel Breeze
Reaction score

One of my All-Time favorite bands.

I've read "Without You - The Tragic Story of Badfinger" by Dan Matovina. A now expensive, but tremendous read. Detailed explanations of the meanings behind each song and the constant bickering of Joey Molland and his Wife.

Straight Up is by far, my favorite album of theirs. From Sometimes, Name of the Game, Perfection, Baby Blue, Flying, It's Over and Sweet Tuesday Morning. There is not a single tune of filler on it.

Masherbrum

Riding the Steel Breeze
Reaction score
They recently discovered the Original Masters for Straight Up and No Dice.

Ummmmm. If you are even REMOTELY a fan of this band, you owe it to yourself to get these new Remasters.

It is NOT a gimmick. A lot of the "muddiness" is cleared as well as some of the tape hiss. I picked them up off of Amazon. Unfortunately, the tapes are probably in bad shape after this remaster, so this will probably be it.

Just giving you all a head's up.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online