Bad Company (Official Thread)

Johnny-Too-Good

Reaction score
It's worth mentioning here that, apart from being one of the greatest rock vocalists, Paul Rodgers was and is a very driven individual. As fine as the musicians were in Free and Bad Company I think it unlikely those two bands would have got anywhere without him. In fact Bad Co only happened because Free were touring with Mott The Hoople and Paul got on so well with Mick. Paul then had the balls to approach Peter Grant to represent them. He's one of those guys who was never going to fail.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know. You talking about It is the first I've heard of it. BTW, nothing against Ralph's playing style but on the other hand I can't see guys like Page, Gallagher, Trower, Schenker, Blackmore, Winter etc. being classed as lesser guitarist because they play elaborate solos rather then basic guitar parts.

And visa versa. Minimalist doesn't mean a lesser guitarist either.

Hey you know I LOVE an extended solo, be it guitar, percussion, or keyboards! :grinthumb

Speed King

Rockin to the East & West
Reaction score
I don't know. You talking about It is the first I've heard of it. BTW, nothing against Ralph's playing style but on the other hand I can't see guys like Page, Gallagher, Trower, Schenker, Blackmore, Winter etc. being classed as lesser guitarist because they play elaborate solos rather then basic guitar parts.

Those guys aren't lesser guitarists,...

I will say that elaborate solos wouldn't have improved Bad Co's music,....the minimalist aproach fit them perfectly,....

They do work for Led Zeppelin, UFO, Deep Purple,....

Last edited:

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
It's worth mentioning here that, apart from being one of the greatest rock vocalists, Paul Rodgers was and is a very driven individual. As fine as the musicians were in Free and Bad Company I think it unlikely those two bands would have got anywhere without him. In fact Bad Co only happened because Free were touring with Mott The Hoople and Paul got on so well with Mick. Paul then had the balls to approach Peter Grant to represent them. He's one of those guys who was never going to fail.
spot on dude...

some great guitarist there @Vader...

Those guys aren't lesser guitarists,...

I will say that elaborate solos wouldn't have improved Bad Co's music,....the minimalist aproach fit them perfectly,....

They do work for Led Zeppelin, UFO, Deep Purple,....

yes I`ll be with you on this quote...

Fever

Reaction score
Isn't Paul back with BC?

Yes Paul joined back up with Bad Company in 2008 and in his words they did it "to protect the legacy they have built and to cement the rights to trademark Bad Company for touring". Brian Howe had been advertising his tours Brian Howe of Bad Company and I guess the others didn't like that. Anyway they have toured off and on since then.i saw them in 2014 with Skynyrd

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I’m running through Bad Company’s discography a little today, having just finished listening to their first two albums.

Straight Shooter was the first Bad Company album I bought. I bought it at a used record shop in the mid 80’s and loved it immediately. It still ranks very high with me. “Good Lovin Gone Bad” kicks off that album so well.

I’ve seen Paul Rodgers live with The Firm and Brian Howe singing songs of Bad Company.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
Let’s just run through Paul Rodgers career and see how many of you can appreciate.
Several albums lead singer, guitar, piano with Free.
Several albums lead singer, guitar, piano with Bad Company.
A couple solo albums playing all instruments and vocals.
Vocals with the one off all-star band Willie and The Poor Boys
Two albums lead singer, guitar, piano with The Firm
One album lead singer, guitar, piano with Law.
Recorded live album touring as lead vocals with Queen.
Vocalists on Jimi Hendrix tribute album
Vocals and guitar on Muddy Waters tribute album.
Vocals and guitar on Bob Dylan tribute album.
I wonder if he has ever collaborated with Steve Lukather?

Last edited:

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score
Let’s just run through Paul Rodgers career and see how many of you can appreciate.
Several albums lead singer, guitar, piano with Free.
Several albums lead singer, guitar, piano with Bad Company.
A couple solo albums playing all instruments and vocals.
Vocals with the one off all-star band Willie and The Poor Boys
Two albums lead singer, guitar, piano with The Firm
One album lead singer, guitar, piano with Law.
Recorded live album touring as lead vocals with Queen.
Vocalists on Jimi Hendrix tribute album
Vocals and guitar on Muddy Waters tribute album.
Vocals and guitar on Bob Dylan tribute album.
I wonder if he has ever collaborated with Steve Lukather?
Man, you forgot that with Queen Paul recorded a studio LP called "Cosmos Rocks" - and it was very good.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.