Bad Company (Official Thread)

Squidbilly

Tunes from the shed
Reaction score
Friendly BUMP here:heheh:
I have 10 to 6 on cassette but is about wore out,Use to have Bad Company Debut/First lp on 8 track,Thats long gone.
Bad Company-Simple Man

Bad Company-Electric Land

Bad Company-Gone Gone Gone

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Desolation Angels will always be one of my many feel good albums. I know it's really not their "BEST" but it's one I can play over and over.

Early In The Morning

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Paul Rodgers Announces New Album

Paul-Rodgers.jpg

Earlier this summer, we told you that Bad Company vocalist (and, briefly, former Queen frontman) Paul Rodgers was working on two new albums. In early 2014, fans will get their first chance to hear what Rodgers has been up to.

429 Records has announced the Feb. 4 release of ‘The Royal Sessions,’ which finds Rodgers paying tribute to the sounds of Memphis with a set of classic covers recorded in one of the city’s best-loved studios, surrounded by some of the greatest musicians in the history of Memphis soul. The new recordings — which feature contributions from a band that includes organist Reverend Charles Hodges, guitarist Michael Tolls, bassist LeRoy Hodges Jr., keyboardist “Hubby” Archie Turner and drummers Steve Potts and James Robertson Sr. — rely heavily on live performances captured in the spirit of the original songs.

“I really felt I had to get deeper inside myself than I ever had in my life,” said Rodgers in a press release. “The end result is that recording these songs left me recharged as a singer and also as a songwriter. My favorite part was the love we could feel in the room throughout all the sessions. We all spoke the same language.”

The album’s title is a homage to Royal Studios, the site where producer and owner Willie Mitchell helped shepherd a string of classic LPs for a wide array of artists during the ’60s, ’70s and beyond. Although Mitchell passed away in 2010, the studio is still operating under the direction of his son; for Rodgers and producer Perry Margouleff, the opportunity to set up shop in the building — and record with such a talented band — was an opportunity too sweet to resist.

“I wanted to make the most of this incredible opportunity, so I recorded Paul and the band live in the studio,” explained Margouleff. “We captured the pure energy of their performance. Recording in an all-analog format, the sonic quality is unparalleled and the listener can experience the music on a deeper level.”

Rodgers plans a series of showcase performances to support ‘The Royal Sessions,’ and has pledged to donate all proceeds from the album sales to local Memphis music-education programs.

Rocking Jodi

Reaction score
I love Paul Rodgers. His voice is sexy, he's sexy at 64. He has the best voice in Rock and Roll in my opinion. Love him.

Last edited:

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
One of the greatest voices in rock, definitely. As I was telling a friend the other day, I can't think of any singer I prefer over Paul, but perhaps a few I like equally. I'm a HUGE fan of everything he's done, Free, Bad Company, solo, even Queen etc. His latest solo album is excellent. Obviously not much of a rock record, but with some great songs carried by Paul's outstanding vocals.

On the topic of Bad Company, I was happy to see them on the cover of Classic Rock Magazine this month and I am really looking forward to this:

badco.jpg

Classic Rock Presents: Bad Company Collectors Pack | Classic Rock

CR usually do a great job with those magazines. I bought a Lynyrd Skynyrd one some years ago which was awesome!

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
Listening to Bad Company's debut and what a debut it is!! Released in 1974.

The album was recorded at Headley Grange and was the first release on Led Zeppelin's Swan Song Records.

BadCompanyBadCompany.jpg

Titletrack:

:grinthumb

Fever

Reaction score
Bad Company still has three original members.Boz Burrell died in 2006.Todd Ronning joined the band in 2012. And former Heart guitarist Howard Leese joined in 2008.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online