Bad Company (Official Thread)

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
Re: Bad Company

I can still remember when Bad Co came out. Bad Company was a smokin' hot band and the album flew off the music racks!

OOOooooooo, Imma Ready for love :whistle:

:) Me too! It was just one of those Bands who had a huge impact on me, just pure Rock and Roll! The first time that I seen them they were still touring this album and they were also playing some songs from "Straight Shooter" which had not been released yet.....They put on a great live show!

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Bad Company

Yes, the impact Bad Company made on me was tremendous.

Bad Company, Aerosmith, Bob Seger, Lynyrd Skynyrd, ZZ Top, Eagles, The Doobie Brothers, Foghat, Foreigner, Journey.........all these bands shaped not only my music tastes but my memories of my youth :)

:cheers2

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score

In memory of Raymond "Boz" Burrell!

Aug. 1, 1946 / Sept. 21, 2006

Boz began his musical career as a vocalist with various jazz, soul and rock bands, before joining King Crimson as bassist in 1970. Leaving the group in 1972, he was recruited by vocalist Paul Rodgers to join his new band Bad Company, which was signed to Led Zeppelin's new Swan Song record label.

Boz Burrell, Paul Rodgers, Mick Ralphs and Simon Kirke

Bad Company enjoyed enormous success releasing a string of multi-platinum albums which included such hits as "Can't Get Enough," "Movin' On," "Feel Like Makin' Love," "Rock 'N' Roll Fantasy" and others. The group disbanded in 1982, and Burrell subsequently joined a reformed version of the band in the late 1980s. In the 1990s, he worked with guitarist Alvin Lee, Scottish blues vocalist Tam White and also recorded several new tracks with original members of Bad Company. He died of a heart attack at his home in Marbella, Spain.

bio by John "J-Cat" Griffith

"Boz was an extremely fine bass player and added so much to the Bad Company sound. He had a wicked sense of humor. He will be missed."

~Paul Rodgers~

Bad Company - Rock and Roll at It's Best!

Last edited by a moderator:

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Great band. Funnily enough was listening to Straight Shooter on my way back from a mates gaff earlier.

Was at the show Wembley Arena show they have just released. It was great, but choosing The Joe Perry Project as support was always gonna take my attention away.

gratefulfunk

Reaction score
In memory of Raymond "Boz" Burrell!

Aug. 1, 1946 / Sept. 21, 2006

Boz began his musical career as a vocalist with various jazz, soul and rock bands, before joining King Crimson as bassist in 1970. Leaving the group in 1972, he was recruited by vocalist Paul Rodgers to join his new band Bad Company, which was signed to Led Zeppelin's new Swan Song record label.

Hey Garrett,

Boz Burrel was recruited by Robert Fripp as vocalist for the Islands album of King Crimson.
Robert Fripp taught him how to play the bass.
It was Fripp's obsession that the bass player should sing or the singer should play the bass in King Crimson until the end of the first period 1969-1974.
Take Greg Lake, Gordon Haskell, John Wetton.;)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Staff online

Members online