Back in Black vs Number of the Beast

• Back in Black - AC DC

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden

Votes: 14 40.0%

• Total voters

Dan

Reaction score
I like Maiden songs, but can't make it through their albums. Back in Black has more drive.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Number of the Beast

Both feature the debut of lesser vocalists than those who came before them (in terms of what best suits the sound of the band) and both are the very best efforts from these b list singers but Number has a lot more fire and Clive Burr to boot.

No contest.

First time for everything. I can honestly say that I have NEVER heard of Bruce Dickenson referred to as "b list singer"

:wtf:

Also can't agree that Di'Anno was better than Dickenson. Very subpar singer. He helped get the band on the map, but there's a reason that Maiden blew up to be one of the biggest metal bands in history AFTER Paul was booted from the band and it wasn't because he was so much the superior singer over Bruce.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Anyway, back on topic, I have to say that Number of the Beast is one of the most important and influential metal albums of all time. Nearly every "greatest metal albums list" you find on the internet would agree with me. That doesn't make it gospel, but the masses tend to see/hear the same thing I do and the same thing I did back in 1982. Incredible album.

Back in Black ... well, to overcome the loss of their longtime lead vocalist and to have the success that they did says something. To look at this album from start to finish, I put it in a similar category that I do with NotB, only I put Back in Black into much higher category and consider it to be probably one of the 5 most important and greatest albums of all time, any genre.

AC/DC gets my vote

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
lol Dickinson a b list singer?

joe

Reaction score
The Beast. I now shudder when I hear any AC/DC.

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Not enough close ( though BIB kicks ass )

MAIDEN

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessKellow

Members online

No members online now.