LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Asia

I agree Flower, Stout should post these gems more often.:D

Stout

Reaction score

^ You two are way kinder than I deserve. But I`ll take the compliments.
And if I had more time here, LG, I certainly would post more.

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Asia to release new live CD/DVD from PHOENIX tour

melodicrock.com

ASIA TO RELEASE A NEW LIVE CD / DVD SHOWCASING THE "PHOENIX" TOUR:
Frontiers Records is pleased to announce the release of Asia brand new live CD / DVD Spirit Of The Night – Live in Cambridge 2009 on October 15 2010. A proper US release will follow in early 2011.
This Live CD / DVD captures Asia in their original line-up, featuring John Wetton on vocals, Steve Howe on guitar, Geoffrey Downes on keyboards and Carl Palmer on drums, performing to an enthusiastic crowd. The masters come from the band's own archive and this is a show they have personally selected to be filmed and released. It's a raw and honest view of the musicians and the perspiration on their brows, as they play to a receptive audience. It is truly a compelling viewing and a “must have” for all Asia fans.
The DVD shows the band playing tightly together in harmony with each other and the audience in an energetic and energizing rock concert. The filming is “fly on the wall” placing the viewer seemingly in the audience rather than in a cinema. All of the band supports this type of filming and are looking forward to a DVD which allows the fans almost to join them on stage.
The set list features songs from their reunion album “Phoenix” along with a selection of the classics that all the fans would expect. The recording is a historical document of where the band was at the time and a snapshot of their musicianship, camaraderie and passion. This live CD / DVD is an irreplaceable companion to the studio album. “Spirit of the Night” shows the band at the top of their game.
“Spirit of the Night” will be released in CD and DVD separate editions and in a limited edition in digipak including both items.

CD track listing includes: Only Time Will Tell; Time Again; An Extraordinary Life; My Own Time; Open Your Eyes; Fanfare For The Common Man (CD exclusive); Here Comes That Feeling; Never Again; The Heat Goes On; Sole Survivor; Don't Cry; Heat Of The Moment; Midnight Sun (Bonus Track).
DVD contents include: Live in Cambridge concert: Only Time Will Tell; Time Again; An Extraordinary Life; My Own Time; Open Your Eyes; Here Comes The Feeling; Never Again; The Heat Goes On; Sole Survivor; Don't Cry; Heat Of The Moment. Bonus material: In the Court of the Crimson King (featuring Ian McDonald) EPK – including John Wetton's voiceover.
The DVD will be released in NTSC Region free format and shall include have Screen options 4:3 and 16:9, with stereo mix in 2.0 and 5.1.
“Heat Of The Moment” and “Never Again” can exclusively be listened to in full by streaming on the Frontiers Web Radio now. Tune in at: Frontiers Web Radio.

Weblinks: Official Reunion Site:: The Four Original Members of Asia - Omega / Frontiers Records / Frontiers Records on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads.

asia-spiritofthenight.jpg

Last edited:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Drums still sound a bit off here to me...IMO Palmer is fitted better for more changes and prog

...a little rough/rushed but a GREAT song!! Pat Thrall on guitar here does a nice solo and holds it together!

ASTRA is a GREAT album...the first three are must owns.

Voice Of America (Live)

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score

I don't care what the "mainstream," people have to say! I love, love, love Asia!!! I've loved them since I was in frickin diapers! My dad and brother both owned Asia and Alpha on vinyl. We also had MTV's Asia in Asia on tape, where they played the Budokan, ah fond memory indeed!

They are an incredible band and their music is so moving! For instance:

The Heat Goes On

Beautiful!!!!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^I have about 10 of their albums now LadyB....but haven't had time to really soak up what they have to offer yet. My biggest complaint with their debut I have already posted in here, for such a massively talented group I expected a fantastic album, and what we got was a good radio friendly record instead...and I was not happy with the "sound" of the album itself way below the standards of their previous bands albums from an engineering/production point of view.

Still I like Asia fine, and their last album was a pleasant surprise.

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score

^^I have about 10 of their albums now LadyB....but haven't had time to really soak up what they have to offer yet. My biggest complaint with their debut I have already posted in here, for such a massively talented group I expected a fantastic album, and what we got was a good radio friendly record instead...and I was not happy with the "sound" of the album itself way below the standards of their previous bands albums from an engineering/production point of view.

Still I like Asia fine, and their last album was a pleasant surprise.

I figured that those that were fans of King Crimson and or ELP would not really be too fond of Asia. My uncle is a prog rock aficionado and a huge fan of Crimson and ELP but does not like Asia. I grew up with Asia and I've been listening to them long before I got into prog.

Rock Candy

Rock 'n' Roll Doctor
Reaction score

Fantastic AOR tune, even if the music video looks like something from the Sylvester McCoy-era of Doctor Who :heheh:
Go

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score

^^^ Great tune!

I actually like the video. Had that futuristic vibe that reminds me of cheezy post apocolyptic sci-fi/action movies in the 80s.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online

No members online now.