Are Forums Dead?

mrJim

Reaction score
However I find it rude that they are sending each other 'texts' while they are sitting 3 feet apart, to me that's like speaking a foreign language in front of someone who doesn't speak it, and that's unacceptable. My Niece does it all the time and thinks nothing of it.

Social values are going extinct, we are becoming slaves to devices and that doesn't bode well for the future on any level.

I would love to see a solar disruption knock all these devices offline for a few days...just to see how people cope.
I see that crap going on in meetings at work. "Professionals" right. Personally I think you should be able to fired or put on progressive discipline for using those damn things during work hours.

I think it would be the greatest to see them get knocked out. the other day some dumb-ass was on his wrist watch waving his finger at the screen, like a mindless fool paying no attention to what's going on around him.

most folks pay more attention to their "not so smart phones", tablets, and black Friday crap than they do to their kids homework/school assignments.

Jim

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I remember, years ago, sitting out on the bay with a couple cousins, catching bluefish, when my cousin's phone rang.

He took it out and was getting ready to answer it, and my other cousin took it from him and tossed it into the bay.

Cousin one: "MOTHER F%$$#%$ER!!! WHAT THE F$$#K!!!??YOU A@##@#HOLE!!!"

Cousin two, calmly: "No phones on the boat."

I still laugh about that.

I have no FB, MySpace, Twitter, Tweeter/friend me/like/blah blah.

I get along ok enough, I suppose.

It would be cool to have a posse, though.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I don't use Twitter or Facebook or anything remotely 'social networking'.... the fact billions of people use this stuff, and yet many forums are still out there and doing OK, tells me that they certainly aren't dead. Twitter to me is the ultimate low-tech lazy-ass medium whose usefulness seems to me non-existent, the 140 character limit or whatever it is would just drive me insane, 90% of the time it takes me 500 characters before I even get to the point I am trying to make.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Well Biggie, there's a 140 character limit to your tweets, which is probably fewer than in this sentence, so it's most suitable I guess for people with the attention span of a goldfish. It's also great for people with a Messiah complex, people who tweet don't have 'friends', they have 'followers' - and sometimes I believe in extremely large numbers...Lady Gaga apparently has around 40 million of them (which I guess takes me straight back to the thing about goldfish)....I just checked actually and 40 million people are now aware of the fact Gaga got a manicure and pedicure yesterday, and she says she is most excited about it too, so that's tremendous news. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
the ultimate low-tech lazy-ass medium

You'd better copyright this ASAP. You'll make a fortune when some launches a site with this name.

You know, my kids have FB, and they gave me their passwords to get into them.

Reason being, my son posts his artwork, and I keep a usb of his work.

He doesn't know, but I'm gonna give him everything he's done throughout his four years of college in a nice portfolio.

My daughter, I've been collecting softball photo since she was 10. I'm gonna do the same thing for her. An album of her entire career.

Anyhow, what I started to say, is that when I go into their pages, it just looks so busy and so overloaded with stuff crammed to every corner of the screen...ugh.

Clutter of any kind make me uneasy. I would be nauseous if I had a facebook thing.

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I understand the number of characters, it's who you are tweeting to, or at, and what you do with all the tweets you get. I've tried to delete them and you can't! As with Vehicle, there's just too much random clutter for me.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well Biggie, there's a 140 character limit to your tweets, which is probably fewer than in this sentence, so it's most suitable I guess for people with the attention span of a goldfish. It's also great for people with a Messiah complex, people who tweet don't have 'friends', they have 'followers' - and sometimes I believe in extremely large numbers...Lady Gaga apparently has around 40 million of them (which I guess takes me straight back to the thing about goldfish)....I just checked actually and 40 million people are now aware of the fact Gaga got a manicure and pedicure yesterday, and she says she is most excited about it too, so that's tremendous news. :rolleyes:

I use twitter and I certainly don't have the attention span of a goldfish....

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fiammeee

Members online