April Fool's Watch!

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
planning any gags?
I am.
Do you have any idea what they are?
I don't.

I'm thinking of telling the kids we're going somewhere really BORING then taking them for Ice Cream or something.
I'll bet you can do better than that!

anybody play any tricks on you?
let us know!

Last edited:

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
I had a boss who fired me. He said it wasn't working out and he was letting me go. He told me to clean out my locker so I was standing there holding my stuff when he said "April Fools!!"

I was thunderstruck but glad I wasn't fired. "So, can I put my stuff back in my locker?"
he seemed surprised that I wasn't doubled over with laughter. "no sense of humor" he said as I left his office.

Last edited:

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
That's a fairly intense one Martha!....I would have been dumbfounded myself...
I'm not expecting any gags being pulled on me because I've been so wrapped up with helping my mother move houses, as well as my own move to my house. So needless to say, I have not exactly been a social butterfly these past few weeks.
My friends don't even know where I live yet....maybe that's a good thing....lol

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Garrr I've got SATs on the morning of April Fool's Day. I'm pretty sure that it's a horrible horrible omen. I'm also pretty sure the proctor(??) will tell us to get out our #5 pencils.

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Martha Washington said:
I had a boss who fired me. He said it wasn't working out and he was letting me go. He told me to clean out my locker so I was standing there holding my stuff when he said "April Fools!!"

I was thunderstruck but glad I wasn't fired. "So, can I put my stuff back in my locker?"
he seemed surprised that I wasn't doubled over with laughter. "no sense of humor" he said as I left his office.
I'd have probably quit. Just because I'm that kind of person. I'd be so pissed I'd just take my stuff and go. Probably flip him off in the process and say something like "Happy April Fool's Day Asshole...."

That was just mean.

algernon

Reaction score
"The April Fools" is a beautiful, pretty much forgotten Baccarach-David song...theme to the movie starring Jack lemmon and Catherine Denevue

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Music Wench said:
I'd have probably quit. Just because I'm that kind of person. I'd be so pissed I'd just take my stuff and go. Probably flip him off in the process and say something like "Happy April Fool's Day Asshole...."

That was just mean.

I'm with you on this one - now why doesn't that surpurise you LOLOL

Buff

~going mobile~
Reaction score
I've done a number here at work. Many desk drawers and overhead-bins were filled with packing peanuts. One co-worker has his desk sitting facing the door, back of desk is against open air. Fishing line was tied to his phone, and looped around everything on his desk. End of line was brought under the front of the desk and tied to his chair so when he pulled his chair out, everything fell on the floor. Teehee.

Another co-worker who is petrified of snakes has a can with one of those spring-loaded snakes inside it (the gag peanut can) rigged to his drawer so when he opens it, it will spring out.

One I did last year ::snicker::....got a box, about the size of a shoe box, plain brown, ruffed up like it's been thru shipping. Went to reproduction and asked them for their three-hole punch machine cutouts (remembles millions of pieces of confetti). Put into box, cut one end off, put another piece of cardboard over the top so as to flip it over without spilling the confetti. Flip box over and slip cardboard out. Now the box has open side down with all the confetti on the desk, but still contained in the box. Get FexEx airbill and fill out (in someone else's handwriting) so as to entice victim to pick it up. Pick up box, confetti goes all over the place. Wotta riot.

Another favorite; I have a piece of standalone software called Kaboom. It plays random WAV files that you load to play at any interval you choose. It goes off with nothing in the task tray, nothing on the desktop and no obvious way to shut it off. It also controls the volume teehee. Random amusing WAV files play during the day and can't be shut off even by shutting down. ::snicker::

No one gets me....cuz they know I'll get them back. =)

kath

astronomy domino's™
Reaction score
every year, i tell my kids, with mock gravity, that i'm pregnant.

they fall for it every damn time.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online