Anyone still buy CDs?? Sound quality Q

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
I was going to order a few CDs off Amazon for myself, and was reading a review that mentioned a Rush: Grace Under Pressure remaster had brutal sound quality. The reviewer urged buyers to seek out an original copy..anyone else ever experience anything like this? :wtf:

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Nope. Though I rarely ever buy CD's anymore. I just download everything.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Some people I know have said to get the original, Id rather not, Im happy with remastered stuff, not that I even know the difference.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
I download AND purchase CD's and I've never had sound quality issues with the latter. In fact, with all this praise of the digital stuff I've found that a lot of my music actually sounds better on the hard copies than the downloaded content.

TheWhalerfan

Lovus My Avatarus
Reaction score
All my downloaded stuff sounds slightly crappish, with the exception of a couple Rush songs. Thing is, I don't really notice it until I put in a 'real' Cd and the sound quality suddenly increases, which is why I am becoming so anal about getting my favs on the best sounding Cds possible.

While on SQ topic, when a person downloads songs on an Ipod or whatever device, is the quality up there? At least compared to the old DL and burn where it is hit and miss? Are most songs available? It would drive me nuts if I couldn't find something.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
All my downloaded stuff sounds slightly crappish, with the exception of a couple Rush songs. Thing is, I don't really notice it until I put in a 'real' Cd and the sound quality suddenly increases, which is why I am becoming so anal about getting my favs on the best sounding Cds possible.

While on SQ topic, when a person downloads songs on an Ipod or whatever device, is the quality up there? At least compared to the old DL and burn where it is hit and miss? Are most songs available? It would drive me nuts if I couldn't find something.

iTunes is a lot better than some of the older (and slightly illegal) downloading services peopl used to use before there was a big crackdown on them. Fr superior sound quality but, yes, a hard copy is always best though iTunes is significantly less expensive.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Ever not find a song you were looking for on Itunes?

There are some you can't find. Led Zeppelin took awhile to release their stuff on iTunes I believe. There are some other songs I've tried to find here and there but I can't, but for the most part you can find pretty much anything.

iTunes is good if you like a song but don't have the want or the funds to buy the whole album. You can just pick whatever song and download it without having to spend the money on an entire album.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online