Anthrax (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I like the new album cover...the contents well not an Anthrax fan at all. Something about them never clicked for me, I'll take Slayer, Pantera, Megadeth, early Metallica, Metal Church and a few others ahead of them.

But I hope MP likes the new record, I know he's pumped up about it.:tup:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
...yeah I think it will be a good album...Lynch, could be wrong but I don't think it's an official video...but I liked the tune

:grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Cool tune, too bad the video and audio are SO completely out of sync with each other.

:heheh:

That vid is down so I removed the dead link...

Anyway yeah, so the new CD is really good. Not sure if you would like it or not LG, but I heard at least 3 that I thought you would like, however I cuoldn't find them yet, but when I do I will post them for ya'

Here is some live stuff from Gothenburg this year..

A new Song

Fight 'Em Till You Can't

The Classic...

Indians

b.o.b.

Reaction score
We must admit that Anthrax was always the black sheep from Big 4. I was not expecting much from this new Anthrax album but after a few spins it's growing a lot to me. It is more melodic, a blend of classic thrash metal with a melodic hard rock attitude making a very strong and solid album. It is still Anthrax but the madness from the 80s is gone. The boys aged well and you can tell it easily listening to this album. I saw them live last year and I was surprised by the consistency of their live show.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
We must admit that Anthrax was always the black sheep from Big 4.

Which is unfortunate, because that's part of the reason it turned me off of them. I was exposed to the other 3 much earlier before I found out about Anthrax. Hell, I didn't know there was a big 4 when I listened to the other 3 back when.

I do want to try and give Anthrax more of a fair chance, i've sort of just pushed them off mostly based off of people's opinions about them, which isn't the best way to go about it.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am gonna be honest the temptation to give the new album a second listen to see if it will change my mind is great.
**** it Ill listen a second time, I believe in listening to stuff twice, if it doesn't change my mind the second time then I won't give it a third.

Last edited:

b.o.b.

Reaction score
"Opportunity may knock only once, but temptation leans on the doorbell":grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I listened to it earlier, only The Devil You Know was a song I can say I liked on it, sorry Anthrax but this album after a second listen made me hate it even more.
I will stick to their older albums.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online

No members online now.