Anthrax (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Indians is a killer tune, I love 80s Anthrax.

BL_Nuke_IT

Reaction score
I'm a little late to the party here, but Anthrax has been one of my favorite bands since I first heard State of Euphoria in 1990. I love their new album from front to back, especially I'm Alive (I've always liked thick sounding 12/8 songs), Fight 'Em, and The Giant. Charlie's drumming is still top notch (probably one of the most underrated metal drummers of all time) and the sound is "vintage" Anthrax from back when Joey was behind the mic.

I forgot how much I missed Joey's vocals. Bush was nice and brought a different flavor to the group, but Anthrax's aggression left with Joey. With Bush, Anthrax became a thicker version of Armored Saint, IMO. But this album was pure "balls to the wall" and was worth the wait.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Gridlock is another song I love. Persistence of Time is another fine album, the 80s was their good era like it was for other thrash bands.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Personally, I love John Bush's voice. I'm a huge Armored Saint fan, seen them live twice ( once w/ Agent Steel :bow: and the other time w/ Dio :bow:) and I think that the Bush era stuff is underrated even though it's not really thrash ( WAY better then Metallica's non-thrash crap ) but I have to say that the early thrash stuff is their better material. Persistence of Time is an awesome album and one of my favs along with Among The Living and Fist Full of Metal.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Spreading the Disease is another album I must get my hands on.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Worship Music has definitely grown on me. The first 2-3 listens I really disliked this album apart from a couple of songs but the entire thing has grown. I like it a lot now. Some great tunes on it.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Very cool!!! For me though I liked it right off the bat!! I was expecting MUCH less for some reason and was very surprised. It kicked me hard!!

:grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For me The Devil You Know... is awsome. I like a lot this song

I agree that one is a good song. Great guitar work particularly.
I also like Judas Priest the song.

The intro and the 2 Hymns were however not necessary and should not have been on the album. Its a thrash album I don't need these type of intro style filler things to enjoy an album, I usually expect that from progressive bands.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online

No members online now.