Angel'in Heavy Syrup

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
ANGEL IN HEAVY SYRUP :

Picture removed, EF edit.

Angel'in Heavy Syrup were formed in Osaka, Japan in 1989 by Nakao Mine and Itakura Mineko. After gaining Jojo Hiroshige as their producer/svengali, the group released their debut CD on Alchemy in 1991guitarist Toda Fusao joined the group at this point, bringing a new depth to their musical expression. The all-female band have grown into a group of rare and world-class sensitivity. With their roots in psychedelic and progressive rock, the group have been lauded for their dreamy sound and their delicate and pretty vocals, infused with a very Japanese sense of lyricism. They have released four albums, and have opened for the twin godheads of space psychedelic rock, Hawkwind and Gong. Melodic Space Rock mixed with psych guitars of the late sixties and early seventies and coupled with sweet dream-like Japanese female vocals with a very inventive flair . Great band, Highly Recommend to fans of this genre . I own their entire discography which consists of I , II , III & IV , all great but my favorites would have to be IV and then III .

To read more about this awesome band and check out more of their music
Myspace Link :
ANGEL IN HEAVY SYRUP on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Never heard of them DKW, but they sound interesting plus the fact they opened for Hawkwind, and Gong gives them credibility.

I'll see if I can locate IV.

joe

Reaction score
For some reason(s) I have a reluctance to listen to Japanese artists. Most times my expectations are excedded. This is another example of my unwillingness getting in the way of discovering music. Beautiful and trippy.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online