American Idol Moments

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
american_idol_logo.jpg

Yep, I'm going there! I've seen all but two seasons of this show since it's inception and I love it. Is it the most artistic contribution to music ever? No! It does have some beautiful musical moments though IMO! It also has spawned talent for every flop it's produced! I really like Kelly Clarkson's music, respect Carrie Underwood's talent and enjoyed the material off of c.d.s by Daughtry, David Cook, Bo Bice, etc. It's the show itself I love! I love a good story and seeing a journey as someone experiences their dreams for the first time! Yes, I also enjoy the humorous moments as well! So I know all the criticisms and hey, that's part of a successful franchise! Something so huge is going to divide people! I'm going to post moments I feel are genuine and gave me chills and I going to post the absurd as well! I invite you guys to do the same! Please give opinions on the specific material as that's what this is focused on rather than the show as a whole! Thank you!

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
This was my favorite audition on Idol this year and it has nothing to do with the backstory! It's no frills and it felt very authentic!

Matt Lawrence-Trouble

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Thank you for starting this thread. I took a lot of flak for singing the praises of Adam Lambert last year. He is a musical phenomenon and he was picked on for all the wrong reasons. I bought his debut album and it is fantastic. I am looking forward to seeing who makes it this time. I will miss Simon next year. I love his wry sense of humor.

I watched some of the early auditions and you wonder why some of those contestants thought they could sing. Oh well, the cream will float on top.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Thank you for starting this thread. I took a lot of flak for singing the praises of Adam Lambert last year. He is a musical phenomenon and he was picked on for all the wrong reasons. I bought his debut album and it is fantastic. I am looking forward to seeing who makes it this time. I will miss Simon next year. I love his wry sense of humor.

Thanks Annie! The pop that idol produces is no worse than pop on the radio in general. Eventually, these artist will mature and have more of an independance in their song writing! Kelly Clarkson has already shown that and I will actually make a thread for her eventually! :grinthumb

Oh, and I just got the Adam Lambert c.d. to try it! In your opinion, what's a great song on it to wet my taste?

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Here are two of my favorite oddball auditions!

I still love this one even though it's everywhere! I sing it all the time at work! :lmao:

Larry Platt-Pants On The Ground

and this as well!

Brian Krause-Tiptoe Through The Tulips

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
Thanks Annie! The pop that idol produces is no worse than pop on the radio in general. Eventually, these artist will mature and have more of an independance in their song writing! Kelly Clarkson has already shown that and I will actually make a thread for her eventually! :grinthumb

Oh, and I just got the Adam Lambert c.d. to try it! In your opinion, what's a great song on it to wet my taste?

Hold on for awhile. I like so many that I have to listen to it again to choose. I had written them down awhile ago but I don't know where the list is LOL I'll get back to you.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Hold on for awhile. I like so many that I have to listen to it again to choose. I had written them down awhile ago but I don't know where the list is LOL I'll get back to you.

No problem! I thought he was talented and I bought it on a whim since it was a low price and certain artist like The Darkness Justin Hawkin's wrote on it. He's not my normal taste so just jumping in won't be as easy as normal for me! Thanks Annie! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I never did pick up his c.d. though I've heard some good tracks from a friend who dug it so that may Change but I love the guys reinterpretations in a darker vein (for a pop artist) of certain songs! Great vocals that fit into the Bryan Adams mold which is cool to me!

David Cook-Hello

David Cook-Billy Jean
(I realize it's taken from the Chris Cornell version but still a good rendition)

David Cook-Always Be My Baby

David Cook-The World I Know

annie

metal maniac
Reaction score
No problem! I thought he was talented and I bought it on a whim since it was a low price and certain artist like The Darkness Justin Hawkin's wrote on it. He's not my normal taste so just jumping in won't be as easy as normal for me! Thanks Annie! :grinthumb

I don't know what your normal taste is but anything that you have heard of Adam from American Idol is not an example because he was singing the well-known music of others. He wrote about half the songs on for Your Entertainment and other songwriters wrote the rest. Here is a rocker that Adam co-wrote. The chorus is gorgeous. This is the Adam vocal sound that I love so much. But if you don't like power pop you won't like it. I am a power pop addict LOL

Another co-written by Adam

Here is one written by MUSE's Matthew Bellamy

Here is one written by Lady GaGa that I think is wild.

Call me crazy but I love this one...

and on and on. I hope you will like them.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online