Am I Alone In Hating The Beatles..?

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I have similar thoughts on a few of those "biggest" rock bands of all time, ie: Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Who, Zeppelin, etc.

What I like, I REALLY like. What I don't like, I REALLY DO NOT like!

Some people will say that they love everything by any of those bands, I'm not one. Some of the Beatles most popular stuff are songs that I can't stand, or at the very least, will skip past anytime they come up. But the tracks that I like the most, I can listen to over and over and over again.

Bottom line, without doing a checklist of their entire discography song by song, I'd say that I like about 40% of the songs the Beatles wrote/recorded (at most), the rest is filler, fluff and sometimes drivel.

That being said, they are still the single-most important rock band of the era. Their influence on both the music industry and pop culture can't possibly be measured.

Speed King

Rockin to the East & West
Reaction score
To me at least, it's one the things that make human beings fascinating. I idea that one person can absolutely love a piece of music, and the next person can absolutely hate it. And it's not limited to music,.....art, food, other humans, cars, clothes,....my brother hates rock music, and loves classical, and we (theoretically) should almost the same genes. Go figure.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online