All-American Rejects (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
n-Rejects-the-all-american-rejects-161296_1024_768.jpg

The All-American Rejects are a band that I've taken a liking to from the debut album. They are a pick me up band with punk rhythms and a jangly pop rock sound. They add cool flourishes of piano and strings in their songs which was what initially garnered my favor! The debut self titled album:

3277001005_162bfb9ab2.jpg

Here are my favorite tracks off of the debut:

The Last Song

Your Star

Too Far Gone
(my favorite off of the album)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: "The Official" All-American Rejects Thread

The local college station played the crap out of this bands stuff in the early 2000's......

I just never could get into the pop/punk sound. I do have to admit, though, they are talented, but just not my cup of tea

:uh:

Fisha

Reaction score

Yeh as I'm mentioned before, my girlfriend is hopelessly in love with tyson ritter (the lead singer) and despite her attempts I've never really enjoyed them that much. They ruin good melodies with very amature song construction.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I think the sophomore album by these guys is brilliant:

Move Along
movee.jpg

It's the perfect pop rock album. It has more bouncy hooks, more soulful fun, and at the same time some great beautiful dramatic moments. This album brings you up and fills you with so much sugary sweetness I wouldn't recommend it to musical diabetics. I love the guest choruses and avbsolutely love the use of strings on some of their songs! Here are the tracks I love!

Move Along
(my favorite single off the album, loved it before it was released, click song title for Grooveshark audio link)

Night Drive

Change Your Mind

.....And Two Gorgeous ballads! :grinthumb

It Ends Tonight

(click title above for Grooveshark audio link)

Can't Take It
(My favorite song off of the album, great orchestration, dramatic vocals and chill inducing emotion)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

It Ends Tonight always brought me into an emotional state. It's just such a well put together song. Easily one of my favorite AAR songs.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

It Ends Tonight always brought me into an emotional state. It's just such a well put together song. Easily one of my favorite AAR songs.

You just went up in my coolness book! :grinthumb Most people surpass any group with a poppier, punchier sound and don't realize there music has a lot relatable and emotional depth as well! :grinthumb I get the same effect from "Can't Take It"! :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

You just went up in my coolness book! :grinthumb Most people surpass any group with a poppier, punchier sound and don't realize there music has a lot relatable and emotional depth as well! :grinthumb I get the same effect from "Can't Take It"! :grinthumb

:heheh: They really are a great band regardless of what people say about the pop-esque genre. I look for music with emotion, and music that can grab my attention. This band does both. Move Along was the first song I heard from them and it was great, Can't Take It is also an amazing song, so I agree with you. I sing It Ends Tonight in my head all the time. Brings memories to my head that make me smile.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

:heheh: They really are a great band regardless of what people say about the pop-esque genre. I look for music with emotion, and music that can grab my attention. This band does both. Move Along was the first song I heard from them and it was great, Can't Take It is also an amazing song, so I agree with you. I sing It Ends Tonight in my head all the time. Brings memories to my head that make me smile.

Well it sounds like we look for the same elements do I'll keep you in mind if I think I have a band here you might like! :grinthumb

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score

Well it sounds like we look for the same elements do I'll keep you in mind if I think I have a band here you might like! :grinthumb

I will definitely do the same for you as well ;)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online

No members online now.