Alice In Chains (Official Thread)

Born to Lose

Reaction score
I love Alice in Chains. They are probably one of the most truly underrated, and greatest, bands of all-time. They were pretty unpopular in Seattle when they came out because they werent very punk and they didnt have indie roots... and they lived out the rockstar fantasies... but as far as the music they produced, it's tough to beat. Facelift is probably their best full-length album.
My favorite songs of theirs are Heaven Beside You, Got Me Wrong, Real Thing, Sea of Sorrow, Don't Follow, I Stay Away, No Excuses, God Am, A Little Bitter, and The Killer is Me.

I do like DuVall in Chains, though not as much. The single released earlier this year, "Hollow", is great.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here is the new albums title.
lol

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here is the new albums title.
lol

Yeppers, and it is suppose to be released this May.

I like the song Hollow, which is suppose to be on the album. I am anticipating the new album :grinthumb

Born to Lose

Reaction score
Will DuVall is a great vocalist, but on stage, he comes across as a bit of a tool.

Born to Lose

Reaction score
He always tries to be the center of attention, like he goes off and plays random guitar solos at inappropriate times, claps along while singing, that kinda stuff. Idk, he comes across as arrogant. Great singer though.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't really see that as arrogant, more just charismatic. Frontmen are supposed to be somewhat the centre of the attention for the most part.

LXA

Old Noob
Reaction score
Anyone see this? Hilarious. First time I watched I was like :think:
Then I was like :omg:

Twenty-Three (Documentary)

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Still not sold on Duvall or the first new album TBH. On Black Gives Way to Blue they seem to have lost the fury that they had in their youth. Now they might as well be Drain STH, similar style to the AIC I know and love but completely generic and devoid of passion. Can't really blame them, even with the original members most bands end up this way by this point in their career.

Hollow is good though, definitely an improvement. I'll give the new record a listen, it might even be great. But it sounds very dated, it would have been amazing if they'd play heavier to compete with comparable modern bands. Back in the 90s it sounded like they were getting heavier with Tripod but they seem to have regressed.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online