Super Moderator
Reaction score
Re: Alice In Chains

Wow that sucks :( RIP Mike Starr.

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score

Just saw Mike Starr on Celeb rehab show he was coming back with the guitarist from the Mamas and the Papas daughter and someone else. They where talking about how good life was being sober, and now this happens. I'm shocked, RIP!

lady_barrett2112

I ♥ the Ox
Reaction score

Alice in Chains has been a huge part of my life growing up as a teen. I had both Jar of Flies, Dirt and their self titled album in my CD collection. I know for a fact that Dirt was on constant repeat. I love that album. I was devastated when Layne Staley died... and then the same fate would happen to Mike Starr. :(

I will admit it, and I'll probably get a lot of hate, but I happen to like a few of the new Chains tracks. Your Decision is a beautiful and haunting composition.

Yes the new AiC can't be compared to the magic that Staley brought to the table. No one can replace him but I think Cantrell is doing a great job of keeping the band's torch lit. Staley's legacy will remain alive in the hearts of those that love him and now the same could be said about Starr.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score

I'm listening to Alice In Chains' unplugged right now. Not only is it probably my favorite Unplugged (out of quite a stock of classic!), but for years now it has been my favorite Alice In Chains album. It's just gorgeous... I like their electric music but the sound on Unplugged is just too damn awesome for me. It's ragged and passionate and catchy and I just love it.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I'm listening to Alice In Chains' unplugged right now. Not only is it probably my favorite Unplugged (out of quite a stock of classic!), but for years now it has been my favorite Alice In Chains album. It's just gorgeous... I like their electric music but the sound on Unplugged is just too damn awesome for me. It's ragged and passionate and catchy and I just love it.

We are 100% in sync on that one! :grinthumb

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score

There are 3 unplugged performances that stand out in my mind.

Nirvana's, Alice in Chain's and Eric Clapton's

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score

There are 3 unplugged performances that stand out in my mind.

Nirvana's, Alice in Chain's and Eric Clapton's

My faves would be AIC, Alanis Morissette's, and Nirvanas. :)

Neil Young's unplugged was alright but it could have been several hundred times better. :/

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score

My faves would be AIC, Alanis Morissette's, and Nirvanas. :)

Neil Young's unplugged was alright but it could have been several hundred times better. :/

Did not know Neil Young even did a MTV Unplugged recording...is it on YouTube?

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrazyLionEye

Members online